ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Elliptical Circle Dock Works!

<< < (4/5) > >>

VideoInPicture:
There is prefect!

Elliptical Circle Dock Works!

-Boba-Fett (September 25, 2008, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that is very nicely spaced! I think the ellipse shape is more user friendly in a real world setting than the circle shape.

There is also a variable to vertically tilt the dock, which combined with varying icon sizes will make it look very high-tech! Will be implemented for Alpha 9 only since it will need the better animation performance.

Rostam:
I have to say that the rotation animation looks pretty darn cool in ellipse form. Also, the ellipse form makes a great perma-dock at the top of my screen for a few shortcuts (only half the ellipse is visible, and it much more economic with space than the same thing in circular form). This looks great and I can't wait until Alpha 9! Thanks for the preview version  :Thmbsup:

One question though, which I think becomes even more relevant with the ellipse situation: would it be possible to have a different number of total possible items for each successive radius? Say if you have two circles/ellipses on the lowest level, then you'd be able to set 10 items for the first one and 15 for the outer one (just an example). Just putting it out there, since I feel that especially with the ellipses a number that is good for an inner one would make an outer one rather sparsely populated.

firefly321:
Thank you very much for this great dock! And I have a small question: How could I autorun the dock when windows starts? I did not find the right way
in the setting options.

Still, a great thank to your work! ;D

gr33nf4c3:
You can add a command to the registry that runs Circle Dock on Startup. If you are using Vista, do the following:

* Bring up the command prompt
* Type "regedit" (without the quotes)
* Use the explorer to the left to navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Run
* Right click the "Run" folder and select "New > String"
* Assign a name to the new string by renaming it i.e. CircleDock
* Double click the created string and enter the path of the application executeable into the field in the window
* Click OK and you're done
If you copy CircleDock to another folder as well, you can also use this method to run various instances of the application if you create a new sting for each respective .exe. I did so in order to have one Dock for applications and one for my games.

VideoInPicture:
Thank you very much for this great dock! And I have a small question: How could I autorun the dock when windows starts? I did not find the right way
in the setting options.

Still, a great thank to your work! ;D
-firefly321 (September 26, 2008, 10:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hello,
The easiest way to start Circle Dock on bootup is to drag a shortcut of Circle Dock to your Windows Start Up folder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version