ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

This man knows what is he talking about! (CHECK IT OUT!)

<< < (3/3)

Paul Keith:
I hated Half-Life like the pit of Hades but it could be because I never got past the reality that I could dominate the early opponents with a crowbar. I mean a crowbar?! A freaking crowbar against aliens!!!???-Paul Keith (September 20, 2008, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
A crowbar would be quite effective against humans, so why not aliens as well?

I loved half-life and half-life 2 + the extra episodes. Decent graphics (but not over-the-top, runs great even on older hardware), nice storyline, etc.
-f0dder (September 21, 2008, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Clearly you're not a fan of Ridley Scott's Alien  :P Come on, a crowbar? Not even a fire breathing torch like the one in Alien 3?

It's just a different opinion though and hey, I haven't played Half-Life much after all.

f0dder:
Paul Keith: oh, I'm a fan of Alien & Aliens alright. Pretty impressive that the first was done two years before I was born, but still rocks so much today (sure, having very dark lighting helps with mood and making things not look sucky, and of course design by Gieger tends to always be a success).

But not every alien has to be like that one :)

Paul Keith:
Haha, yeah. I was just kidding around. Still wouldn't you have rather seen Gordon Freeman wielding the Painkiller rather than some cheap crowbar to kill the aliens?

f0dder:
Haha, yeah. I was just kidding around. Still wouldn't you have rather seen Gordon Freeman wielding the Painkiller rather than some cheap crowbar to kill the aliens? -Paul Keith (September 23, 2008, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not really, no - one of the nice things about Half-Life is that you feel like a (mostly :P) ordinary Joe who's put In Medias Res. Worked really well for me :)

Paul Keith:
Haha, to each his own then. I could never ever feel like an ordinary Joe in HL even before I saw the Gordon Freeman artwork but that's my problem with most FPS. You make a guy so ordinary than it becomes unrealistic when he becomes a one man killing machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version