ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mobysaurus

Congratulations?

(1/4) > >>

ander2255:
When I used Mobysaurus's "Check For Updates Now" feature today, I couldn't help noticing that it said:

No Updates Found
Congratulations! You are already running the Latest Version of this program.
--- End quote ---

My dictionary says that "congratulate" means "to express sympathetic pleasure to on account of success or good fortune."

So, what exactly is the "good fortune" the message refers to? That you don't have to download a newer version of Mobysaurus? What's the big deal about that? Isn't it a more or less brainless process?

Besides—and I can't speak for everyone—but I actually enjoy updating programs. I live in the suburbs, where nothing ever happens. It's quite exciting to get to do something like updating a program. When I don't get to update a program, I'm disappointed. So seeing this "congratulatory" message is nothing more than an ironic reminder of my lackluster existence.

Anyway, I thought I should explain that, in case it made sense to anyone else. And now, more coffee.

40hz:
Wow. That has to be one of the most unusual first posts I've ever read.

So...umm..congratulations on your first post here at DC! ;D

mouser:
I love it.  Great post ander  :up:

Actually i agree with you 100%.  Finding out that there is no update available for Mobysaurus is not a cause for celebration.
A more appropriate messagebox would be: "Our deepest consolations and condolences.. There is still no update available for Mobysaurus."

jgpaiva:
 ;D ;D

Besides—and I can't speak for everyone—but I actually enjoy updating programs. I live in the suburbs, where nothing ever happens. It's quite exciting to get to do something like updating a program.
-ander2255 (September 17, 2008, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Solution: start posting at DC more often!
Then you'll have the anticipation of expecting replies to your topic, and the pleasure of reading them ;)

Josh:
Unless they are from mouser, then he will probably expect to cry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version