ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you keep two computers synchronized? i.e. work + home. If so, how?

<< < (10/14) > >>

Darwin:
justice, I found this in the faq:

Price
...After the beta, Syncplicity will still offer free accounts. Please see our pricing for more information

--- End quote ---
-Darwin (September 26, 2008, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

:-[ I didn't even read the quote closely enough the first time to notice this  :o

justice:
the free accounts come with 2GB just like dropbox.  :Thmbsup:

wwdj:
Hi ,

Full disclosure here: I work for http://www.nomadesk.com, which offers small business users (or nomadic professionals, as we like to call ourselves) an innovative way to share documents and work together on a “virtual fileserver.” I found this topic thanks to google, and just wanted to add NomaDesk to the discussion.

Since the size seems very important for you guys , I can tell you the following :

We don't have any limits and you don't have to wait/look for an invitation code, you can just go to http://www.nomadesk.com and download our application!
Check out our movie on our homepage and you will be convinced!

Thanks!

f0dder:
Time Machine is very impressive.

I also suspect it's just Subversion VCS tricked out with one of those stunningly beautiful front-ends Mr. Jobs & Co. do so well. Apple actually made version control look pretty. That's gotta be some sort of breakthrough right there.-40hz (September 18, 2008, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nah, nothing to do with subversion - simply a bunch of hardlinks.

rsnapshot works similarly for lunix systems.

Darwin:
Welcome to DC, wwdj, and thanks for telling us about Nomadesk. When I have some time, I'll give it a whirl. For now, as much as this kind of solution appeals to me, I'd like to get everything caught up WRT my current backup strategy, which is based on external harddrives, etc. Once I've gotten my computers synced with the harddrive, I'll give the on-line solutions a whirl  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version