ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sad Weekend....

<< < (3/5) > >>

Codebyte:
This whole thing makes me ask this question: Is there something that we, as members of DC, can do to contribute to those who have lost things and experienced something like my incident? Maybe a guide of steps to take... I have no idea, but there has to be something...

Deozaan:
Sorry to hear about the theft. That really sucks!

Also, nice laptop!

mouser:
Make sure you sit down and try to remember any sensitive logins or data that might be on the pc that you need to worry about or have changed.

KenR:
Talk about making lemonade ...

kpr

Codebyte:
Hey KenR :) Just finished changing every password of mine... I remembered that I had written a utility that connects to my site every time I had turned on my laptop (given it had access to the internet.) This program would check a file on my website for any updates. I wrote a utility that checks the last view/edit of this particular file and my website logs all of the IP addresses of the people that access it. The utility I just finished writing sends me an email with the IP address and time of access to the file. This might help in finding a list of suspects or something... Not sure, just an idea... My brain is starting to hurt now, lol!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version