ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Podcast Radio Show

Requesting Ideas for DonationCoder Podcast #7

<< < (3/4) > >>

fenixproductions:
Just a comment, unless you want 11khz mono 16kbps mp3, i'll have to step down if we're doing the realtime approach. Segments for me please.
-scancode (September 15, 2008, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is this "11kHz..." limitation of TS or did I misunderstand something?

scancode:
Just a comment, unless you want 11khz mono 16kbps mp3, i'll have to step down if we're doing the realtime approach. Segments for me please.
-scancode (September 15, 2008, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is this "11kHz..." limitation of TS or did I misunderstand something?
-fenixproductions (September 15, 2008, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nopes, it is a limitation of my internet connection :)

Deozaan:
What about Skype? Can you do conference calls using Skype?

Also, I think 15-20 minutes is a SHORT podcast. Too short. I'd like them to be at least 30 minutes or longer. Of course, that's really easy for me to say as someone who hasn't committed to submitting content.

As far as topics or themes, we could revive a few old ideas that sort of puttered out. For example, there was the Cody Club where each month you were given an assignment.

We could have a complaint/compliment segment, where someone gets to complain about something that drives them nuts or cast praises on good things they love.

We could have a section near the beginning where you highlight DC news items or interesting threads. Or a Member highlight/interview each time. That could be kind of interesting how that works out.

nudone:
webcomics weekly podcast thingy has a panel of comic artists using skype (sometimes they drop out of the conversation and have to call back in), so it appears skype will work somehow.

they do sometimes have uneven sound levels across the panel, which might indicate it is more tricky to get perfect levels as these guys have been doing it quite a while, so you'd expect them to have figured all that out by now.

mouser:
what if the podcast was mainly a series of short segments where various people on DC talked about what they were up to?
nudone and timns could talk about their latest webcomics
other people could talk about their websites,etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version