ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Podcast Radio Show

Requesting Ideas for DonationCoder Podcast #7

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
Another issue is whether there should be some more structure and focus than we had in the past.  Mainly this was just a matter of we put on the show anything anyone submitted.. That has it's own charm, especially for those of us who are on the site all the time -- it's just fun to hear other regulars speak.  But on the other hand it may not have much value for non-regulars.

What might be cool to find some kind of "hook", some theme or format that would make for a sustainable podcast that could be produced once a month.

Some ideas: keep the podcasts SHORT.  15-20 minutes in length.  anything more is too hard to make and listen to.

You know what would be cool: Something like the McGloughlin Group but for software (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSqsBfBCW7k).  Basically a heated group discussion on new software and hardware/technology.  Someone would have to figure out how to record such a phone meeting though..  Seems difficult.

allen:
Some ideas: keep the podcasts SHORT.  15-20 minutes in length.  anything more is too hard to make and listen to.
-mouser (September 15, 2008, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really? My favorite weekly/twice monthly podcasts are in the 1.5-2 hour range, some times longer.  Though that requires a more dedicated team. Plenty of segments/interviews, but regular "DJ"'s filling inbetween.  The key, I think, isn't even so much your hook or your content but continuous, familiar voices delivering the hook.

fenixproductions:
I will cross my fingers for this idea. Maybe it will even bit Channel9 from Microsoft ;)

BTW 15-20 minutes might be not enough for hot discussions IMHO.

2mouser
I am not much familiar but maybe using TeamSpeak for meeting could be efficient? IIRC it works pretty well for multi-user chats but I don't know is it possible to record those.
In worst case scenario: you can just redirect your sound card's output to input (simple jack-jack cable) ;)

scancode:
I will cross my fingers for this idea. Maybe it will even bit Channel9 from Microsoft ;)

BTW 15-20 minutes might be not enough for hot discussions IMHO.

2mouser
I am not much familiar but maybe using TeamSpeak for meeting could be efficient? IIRC it works pretty well for multi-user chats but I don't know is it possible to record those.
In worst case scenario: you can just redirect your sound card's output to input (simple jack-jack cable) ;)
-fenixproductions (September 15, 2008, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just a comment, unless you want 11khz mono 16kbps mp3, i'll have to step down if we're doing the realtime approach. Segments for me please.

allen:
I didn't mean realtime stream, I'm still talking about a podcast. "live" DJ interaction really is no different from a segment in that it's recorded, and edited to fit around other segments.  It differs from other segments perhaps only in that it is outlined rather than outright scripted, maybe?

The DC community is full of enthusiastic, spirited persons with a tremendous breadth of knowledge on the local subject matter . . . of course, convincing such people to do it is, as we've seen before, not necessarily an easy thing to do.

(And no, I won't even pretend to take a high attitude, here, I didn't contribute to the podcasts in the past in anyway. But I sure enjoyed them. I'm selfish, I want more.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version