ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8 is Officially Released!

<< < (7/9) > >>

modemasters:
Thx for the updated Alpha, been using it since yesterday, no bugs to report.

Using at work on a HP DC7700 (Core2Duo 2GB ram, XP SP3) and it's smooth as silk.

Keep up the good work.  :Thmbsup:

Rostam:

Thanks for the ellipse equation. I think I'm just going to program in the ellipse function for fun and see how it looks. Now that I think about it, I don't think it's possible to express the equation of an ellipse as just a function of one variable so I'll use the equation you gave. The one thing I'm concerned about is that the icons may bunch up at the pointed ends of the ellipse but I'll see how it looks.
-VideoInPicture (September 15, 2008, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipse, this is a decent article with several equations that describe the ellipse. At the end there is also some JavaScript code for drawing an ellipse, which may or may not be useful for you. It looks like it is possible to express an ellipse as a function of one variable if you mean to have something like the radius being a function of the angle. However, this won't be the case if you want to have the "center" of the dock at the center of the ellipse: it would have to be made in reference to one of the foci.

mickelmass:
Thank you very much! Now I have a good idea of what I have been doing wrong and I will sort it now! Cheers!

alphaphoenix:
Just thought I'd share my Red Vista orb. I made one since I have an XPS m1330 that has a Product Red theme on it.  :-*

Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8 is Officially Released!

terminou:
I think it may be possible to put the lock option on one of the right-click menus. I'll think about it and see if it's a good place for it.

Thanks for the ellipse equation. I think I'm just going to program in the ellipse function for fun and see how it looks. Now that I think about it, I don't think it's possible to express the equation of an ellipse as just a function of one variable so I'll use the equation you gave. The one thing I'm concerned about is that the icons may bunch up at the pointed ends of the ellipse but I'll see how it looks.

As for the problem with Visual C# 2008 SP1, I installed downloaded that or .Net 3.5 SP1 on my computer since they just came out last month. I do have the download on my computer though but I can't explain why it would freeze up on you like that running the code.

I assume you are using the Express version of C#. When you opened the source code for Circle Dock, did Visual C# tell you that it needs to convert it to a new file format? It might have changed the instruction to compile the code as an x64 instead of as x86, which would cause it to crash on a 64-bit machine. The Express editions of Visual Studio don't make it clear that they do that by default and it can mess up a lot of programs.
-VideoInPicture (September 15, 2008, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

yep, express edition, but no warning ... and problem without compiling, just because it is there. As if Circle Dock was using a dll updated by VC# sp1 that it really doesn't like . anyway, i'll install it on a clean virtual machine to test

(Rostam has it, if you plan to change the center of the elipse, read the wikipedia page it should explain clearly how to)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version