ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8 is Officially Released!

<< < (5/9) > >>

Mugwamp:
Sweet!  :-* This is the best pop launcher I've ever seen!  Keep up the great work.  I would like the option to keep the program/folder names visible though...

Oh, noob question: How do you get two rings of icons?

terminou:
Hey people :)

I dicovered CD today and played a little with alpha8, and I found somme suffestions for future improvements maybe :

- on my mouse (logitech mx 500) / vista 64 with no mouseware (I.E. using microsoft regular drivers), CD thinks that buttons Xbutton1 and Xbutton2 are the same (whereas firefox doesn't)

- under "normal" window behavior, toggling visibility (for exemple moving the mouse to the edge) does NOT show CD if it is under other windows, you have to go to the border a second time to show CD above the other windows ... could it possibly bring the window to front if it is not, the first time I toggle visibility ? (I set CD not to disappear when a file is clicked)

- could there be an option to lock CD content ? it would prevent accidental drag'n'drop to the center of the dock

Added to other suggestions I've seen in the alpha7 discussion, that's it, rocking app !!! :)

edit : is that just on my system, or CD does not remember the positition where it was shut off ?

mickelmass:
Hi
As a total newbie to CD, I apologise if I have put this question in the wrong section and also if the question sounds silly but I looked for somewhere to ask and this seemed appropriate, although it probably isn't?

Could sombody please help with telling me how (and where they are) I put the 'target' into the icon settings options please, so that when I click the icon, it opens up the program, website etc., that I want to use? I have used ObjectDock a couple of times and think that was easier to get the target as you just had to copy and paste the target for wherever it was into the ObjectDock Icon settings. I can see that in the 'target' settings, it has numbers and dashes (0- 19- ex) but as a total divvy, I am afraid I don't know or understand what this means? Again, sorry to be the proverbial pain but if you don't ask, you will never find out - apparently? Thanks in advance for any assistance. :-[ :tellme: :Thmbsup:

VideoInPicture:
Could sombody please help with telling me how (and where they are) I put the 'target' into the icon settings options please, so that when I click the icon, it opens up the program, website etc., that I want to use? I have used ObjectDock a couple of times and think that was easier to get the target as you just had to copy and paste the target for wherever it was into the ObjectDock Icon settings. I can see that in the 'target' settings, it has numbers and dashes (0- 19- ex) but as a total divvy, I am afraid I don't know or understand what this means? Again, sorry to be the proverbial pain but if you don't ask, you will never find out - apparently? Thanks in advance for any assistance. :-[ :tellme: :Thmbsup:
-mickelmass (September 15, 2008, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hello, welcome to Donation Coder. Based on the fact that you see numbers in the "Target" field of the item settings panel, it means that you have right-clicked on a dock folder which is special and you cannot modify the target of a dock folder your self. You can add items to the dock  by drag and dropping their icons onto it (virtual folders like My Computer, My Documents need Windows shortcuts created first). The other way is to right click on the dock and go Add -> Blank Icon and then you can edit the target field or click the browse buttons.

VideoInPicture:
Sweet!  :-* This is the best pop launcher I've ever seen!  Keep up the great work.  I would like the option to keep the program/folder names visible though...

Oh, noob question: How do you get two rings of icons?
-Mugwamp (September 15, 2008, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hello, Welcome!

It is possible for me to allow all the program names to be shown but when I tried that out during coding, it looked very messy in a dock so I left the option to always make the labels visible out.

You will automatically get concentric rings of icons if you have lots of icons on the dock. To set the number of icons per circle, go to Settings -> Dock Shape. The backgrounds for the double rings are in the Circle Dock folder under System -> Background.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version