ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mathematics symbols OCR

<< < (2/7) > >>

Grorgy:
Well, i guess the price depends on how important it is to you, it is cheaper than photoshop, just lol

Armando:
about InftyReader; If you  don't, you really don't want to know about the price.
-Dormouse (September 14, 2008, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

?@#$%!
-Darwin (September 14, 2008, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

C'mon Darwin... The license says : "you can use InftyReader on two computers"...  eheh.

Thanks for the input Dormouse and Eóin.

It's actually not that important... I just like the idea of scanning stuff instead of carrying big books around, sheets, etc. That's what I usually do with other types of texts/documents -- and I realize it's not as easy with scientific/technical stuff.

So I'm looking at the "available ( :o ) solutions.

--------

---> slightly tangential...

I'm also contemplating buying a wacom tablet -- bamboo, maybe. Doesn't seem tooooo expensive -- to annotate scanned equations  (jpg, pdf format or whatever will be available) etc.

Because... well... writing maths equations with a computer (e.g. : latex style...) doesn't seem like the quickest and most intuitive option (sure, there might be some collateral prestige to be gained, but....).

There are other software like MathType and  and Scientific Notebook which seem interesting. Will have to try them and see if they are actually usable in a class-notetaking environment

Darwin:
Yeah, I was "wowed" by the generosity of allowing the end-user to run the software on two computers as well. Gee, the app would be a bargain at twice the price  :o

I have a Wacom Bamboo and love it. I got the one with the mouse and am very impressed with it. Hadn't thought of using it for annotations, but now that you mention - fabulous, I may give it a try  :Thmbsup:

Armando:
Hadn't thought of using it for annotations, but now that you mention - fabulous, I may give it a try  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (September 14, 2008, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

You think that would work? I was going to ask you. I might try to get an older version of acrobat or something. And was wondering if I could annotate PDFs.

I think I've also heard Word 2007 was tablet friendly. Word 2003 might be tablet friendly as well, bu haven't tried.

That would be very cool : keep my math manual in pdf or doc format and insert/handwrite annotations on the pages (ie : solve the equations etc. directly on the pages, without the need for paper...)

Heck, I could even enter my equations in my MS word notes with my tablet, instead of using mathtype or something like that. Don't know how well that would work though.

Any experiences worth sharing?  :)

Darwin:
Any experiences worth sharing?
-Armando (September 15, 2008, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

None, I'm afraid! I'll try to mess around with this today and get back to you (just tried with Acrobat Reader 9, and there's no annotate feature... I *think* it was there in version 8? PDF Pro 5 is intalled on a different machine - I'll get back to you).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version