ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Acronis True Image 11 Home for US$ 9.99

<< < (3/3)

Darwin:
My suggestion is to by TI Echo Workstation (and purchase 'maintenance' with it).

It is a bit more expensive (though they will give you an upgrade price from the home version if you ask).

The maintenance is very cheap and can be renewed every year so you always keep up to date.

The advantage of WS version is that it is thoroughly tested and solid - unlike the Home versions which were always buggy (esp. in new releases).
-Carol Haynes (January 28, 2009, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 to this suggestion. My experience also (right down to upgrading from the Home version  ;))  :Thmbsup:

Echo Workstation is very solid - I’ve not had one complaint using it in the past three years.

Carol Haynes:
Just to add to the maintenance costs for the Corporate version of True Image (if you choose to take them) last Nov were:

True Image Echo Workstation application £8.40 (UK Pounds) + VAT
Universal Restore £4.08 +VAT

This gives one year of upgrades (minor and major during the 12 month contract)
Priority telephone and email support (and they do respond to emails very quickly)

Rather than upgrading to new versions of the Home version regularly this costs no more and is easily budgeted for  but you always use a properly tested verion of the software which is designed for the corporate market. If they screw this up the business will fold so they have a vested interest in getting it right.

As I said you can renew the maintenance contract every year - the only problem is they don't make it terribly obvious how to do that but an email usually gets an instant answer (it didn't help that last November they had completely revamped their website so that everything had changed).

See http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/sales/amps/ for maintenance products and http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATICW/ for the corporate version of TI.

Before you upgrade to this version from a Home version I suggest you contact them and check the upgrade path works (they may have a different path to upgrade for Home user versions).

Darwin:
If you’re in NA, the rates are:

$16 for a year of TrueImage Echo upgrade protection (August 2008).

I passed on purchasing another year of maintenance on Universal Restore because I’ve yet to use the version that I have! However, I did have a maintenance agreement on it for a couple of years and paid $6.50 that last time I renewed. Prices are in US dollars, BTW.

tinjaw:
"Live Chat"ing with an Acronis sales rep right now.  They are allowing me to move to Echo Workstation if I purchase Universal Restore and a Maintenance contract. That is what I want, so I am going to take them up on their offer.

gpetrant:
Love Acronis 11 (and prior).  First rate disaster recovery software for the home user with a typical setup (read: one OS on one hard drive with one or two partitions).  For more complex setups, I'm a ShadowProtect Desktop man.  Not nearly as feature rich, but boy does it make up for it in speed and flexibility.  Its tight integration with VMware Workstation made it even more attractive to me.

ShadowProtectDesktop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version