ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Acronis True Image 11 Home for US$ 9.99

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deozaan:
Thanks Lutz_ and icekin. I took advantage of the offer posted by Lutz_!

thorazine74:
I imagine that TrueImage 12 must be just around the corner and that Disk Director 11 must be in the pipeline, too...
-Darwin (September 14, 2008, 11:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

True Image 2009 is in beta stage, freely downloadable from Softpedia, dont know about Disk Director 11...

tinjaw:
The discount code is no longer working (Jan 28 2009).

I have TrueImage version 9 and 11. I just purchased a new HDD for my laptop and am going to move from XP to Vista. I am trying to decide if I want to shell out another $30 for this years version (TrueImage Home 2009). I know that there will inevitably be another version out next year as well.

TrueImage is a *wonderful* product. It has a lot of nice features and is very easy to use. I am thinking that I should just consider it as a yearly subscription and pay the $30/year to get the upgrade.

Anybody else been in this situation? What were your thoughts? What did you end up doing?

Carol Haynes:
Disk Director hasn't been updated in a long time (I got mine as a free upgrade to version 9 in 2005 and there have been a few minor patch updates but nothing major).

To be honest it is difficult to see what can be added - unless specific support is needed for the new extra large devices.

My suggestion is to by TI Echo Workstation (and purchase 'maintenance' with it).

It is a bit more expensive (though they will give you an upgrade price from the home version if you ask).

The maintenance is very cheap and can be renewed every year so you always keep up to date.

The advantage of WS version is that it is thoroughly tested and solid - unlike the Home versions which were always buggy (esp. in new releases).

mwb1100:
TrueImage is a *wonderful* product. It has a lot of nice features and is very easy to use. I am thinking that I should just consider it as a yearly subscription and pay the $30/year to get the upgrade.
-tinjaw (January 28, 2009, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

What I've been doing is instead of updating when they come out with a new release: I wait for the period of time that occurs just before the new release, and pick up the version that's about to be 'obsolete' for $10 or so. This is never anything that's officially announced, but generally a couple months before Acronis releases a new version you start seeing these $10 deals for the current version.  That's the time to buy.  $10 for TI 11 and DiskDirector 10 was a good deal.

Also, there's often not a reason to upgrade at all if the version you have does the trick.  Many people are still happily running TI 8. A lot of people consider the later versions to be bloated, and if you're still running XP, there may not be a reason to upgrade if you're not interested in the new features.

Of course, if it turns out the new version has something you want or need and can't wait for 10 months or more for the next wave of big discounts, then $30 is certainly not anything I'd worry about paying (just wait a few weeks at least so everyone else can help Acronis shake out the 1st wave of bugs).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version