ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

The GodFather - Audio File Manager with Scripting

<< < (2/7) > >>

moerl:
Mp3tag all the way.  8)
-Nighted (November 17, 2005, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto.. it doesn't get any better IMHO :). Not in that category.

Hirudin:
Personally I've never used MP3Tag, so I don't know it's full potential, but I can say that TGF can do everything listed on MP3Tag's homepage as "Main features." Does MP3Tag have scripting capibilities? That's the part of TGF I use the most, you can make it run your mp3s through command line apps (I made a script to put all my mp3s through mp3gain for instance). Another couple of people have made a script that lets you get your tag info from AMG, which is probably the most accurate, complete online music databases. (AMG also has reviews, cover art, and "styles" that defign the music much more accurately than mere genres.) For those of you who might use one, TGF aparrently has a very good library (though I haven't used it).

Nighted:
Nah, Mp3tag is just for tagging and you can use regular ,which makes it uber-powerful. Plus it tags everything; APE, WavPack, FLAC, MPC, OGG......

Once audio files are properly tagged, I just load them up in Winamp's library which instantly orders everything using your tag info.

brotherS:
Mp3tag is VERY powerful and has a nice coder and forum too  :Thmbsup:

I'd like to hear from someone who has really used both programs to see how they compare, i.e. for which tasks The GodFather might be better.

Not that I have to tag many mp3 files, but I still want to know :D

Innuendo:
I've used both and The Godfather is more powerful, but...it's harder to learn. It's not as intuitive as Mp3tag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version