ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Magic Jack Phone ?

<< < (5/8) > >>

capture:
I've had MagicJack since last April. It was recommended to me by a long-time friend who works as an "astronaut-talkie" at NASA. He'd been using Vonage, and after a couple of months using MagicJack, he dumped Vonage. No one is spamming here, merely replying to the post question about Magic Jack. This is NOT an affiliate program, so no one has anything to gain by giving positive feedback.

I'm a senior, and I'm a paid lifetime member of Donation Coder. I don't post very much because I'm real busy creating tutorial videos for my hosting company. I use MJ as my ONLY phone because of the low cost. I don't get, nor do I make a whole lot of phone calls. But being able to call my boss in San Antonio, and my buss. partner in Florida - from Canada, is a huge saving for me. Yes, I had to get a US phone number, but my local friends call me and hang up after two rings. I have the caller ID set up so I know who called, and I call them right back.... no cost to me or them.

I have no complaints, and NO this is not a spam post, just MHHO.... K?

Thanks,
Claire P.
Chemainus, BC Canada

J-Mac:
K!

Sorry Claire. I don’t think anyone meant any ill will toward valid DC members. But take a look above and you will see a number of posters who joined just to post their "testimonial" here - no other interest in the site. Plus this product has a well-known reputation of what is called "astro-turfing", which is basically spamming forums wherever a thread mentioning the product is found. Search Google and you will find many such threads. Most of the spamming is done, or instigated, by resellers of the product.

Odd that you suddenly decided to come out of your busy "hibernation" to post here too, BTW. What woke you up? Did you happen to see a comment about this thread elsewhere by any chance? I'm just curious.

Jim

jgpaiva:
I think most of the opinions on this thread are genuine happy customers (quite a few are donating members, and others long-time members), so I think this thread should be kept. Nevertheless, it's sad to know a company uses this kind of techniques to promote their product..

Deozaan:
It's just strange for people to sign up to the forum just to say something good about Magic Jack. I don't question the opinion of DC Members who have been around for a while, but it definitely looks fishy when someone has just signed up to the forum and made only the 1 post praising Magic Jack.

But so far the only complaint I've heard about Magic Jack is that they may have unethical promotional practices.

Gman75:
As a new member and at the risk of sounding like a shill for MJ I have to pipe in here. I've had MJ for about 5 months and am pretty happy with it. In general it works well and I would consider chucking my land line if they ever get number portability.  Right now I'm primarily using it to make long distance calls running it off an HP thin client (5 watts all solid state) connected to a Panasonic multi handset system or a laptop using a bluetooth headset or small hospital phone when traveling. The only performance issues I've had are some intermittent echoing which has subsided in recent months (said to be a problem with their servers) and the occasional hang on the host machine which may not be an MJ problem. There is an active non official MJ support web site http://www.magicjacksupport.com which speaks volumes for the lack of useful official support. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version