topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 6467 times)

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Star Wars: The Old Republic
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:57 AM »
I won't be prejudicial about this game based on the "Lucas Arts" label (it's an MMO, Star Wars: Galaxies now but a distant memory/nightmare), and I have to say, this trailer looks to be made of epic. See for yourselves:
vlcsnap-7204418.pngStar Wars: The Old Republicvlcsnap-7204663.pngStar Wars: The Old Republicvlcsnap-7206711.pngStar Wars: The Old Republicvlcsnap-7207421.pngStar Wars: The Old Republicvlcsnap-7207585.pngStar Wars: The Old Republic
You can find the hi-def (as hi-def as I could find) trailer here but since flash does such a sh!t job rendering it, you can download the flv here.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be an MMPRPG, built by LukasArts and BioShock. It is expected to be released Q1 2010. The backstory will be provided in a series of webcomics which can be found here. There are 7 released at time of writing, and a new one will be posted bi-monthly up to the release.

Ehtyar.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:03 AM by Ehtyar »

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:16 PM »
I love Star Wars, but I hate MMOs. They are just huge money and time sinks.

If I wanted to 'grind' I'd go do some yard work.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:53 PM »
Not all by any means.  You can grind, but you don't have to.. and with my Lifetime Membership to LOTRO, I don't have to spend any more money other than on expansions if I want them.  I went 6 months before I bought the Moria expansion.  I'm not sure about the subscription plans, but I hope they have something similar for SWTOP.

I won't be prejudicial about this game based on the "Lucas Arts" label (it's an MMO, Star Wars: Galaxies now but a distant memory/nightmare), and I have to say, this trailer looks to be made of epic. See for yourselves:
Many people have said that it was because I didn't live through the NGE era, but SWG is pretty good IMO.

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I love Star Wars, but I hate MMOs. They are just huge money and time sinks.

If I wanted to 'grind' I'd go do some yard work.
Very well said. I'm also quite wary of this business model, but if the game is anything like the trailer, I'm going to have to give it a try.

Ehtyar.