ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Iconshock's Community Site

<< < (2/2)

app103:
Why not just give everyone the icons every week and let them download them without silly stuff?

This points and swapping thing is really a pain. I don't see any reason why when I log in that I should have disabled icon downloads until I play some swapping/point gathering game.

You either want me to have the icons or you don't. And if you do, then don't make me play silly pointless games.

Maybe a newsletter announcing the latest sets to download, and if you want general discussions, introduce them in the newsletter and encourage participation. Maybe set up some sort of forum where people can provide helpful info on working with the vectors and other art related stuff. Maybe some web design stuff too.

But the swapping game and collecting points isn't fun. It already takes a long time to download the icons, since you only allow one download at a time and you can't use a download manager to schedule and automate it. I am on slow dialup right now, and if I get disconnected, I have to start all over again. That's not fun either. Why make it take even longer with stupid games?

The only reason why I have put up with the stupid stuff for so long is because you really do have good quality artwork.

In other words...I really love your product, but I hate your site.

Oh, and if you want to encourage more people to buy the icons you have for sale, maybe you could sell individual icons too. Some people don't want an expensive full set and being able to buy just the ones we want or need would be awesome. (you could even feature a few in the newsletters) There are a few I certainly would buy if they were offered individually, but as a huge set I can't afford them.

svc:
We do have a blog where the new icons released are posted (http://blog.iconshock.com).
Regarding the swapping thing.. It's a way to encourage people to visit us... I understand some people don't have access to high speed connections, but the download would be slower if the icons were available to everyone, since more simultaneous downloads will be happening on the site.
BTW, individual icons are available for sale. You just need to use the contact form and through costumer support we can provide it to you.

app103:
You are already encouraging people to visit you (and keep coming back) by giving stuff away. Maybe you should be doing more to encourage the people that keep coming back for free stuff, to buy the other stuff you have.

Good to hear that individual icons are available for purchase. $129 for a full set in which I only want a single icon is too expensive for me.

Maybe you should post this info on your site, somewhere. I bet you'd make a lot more sales from people that feel the same way I do.

Curt:
I tried to register at their site, but wasn't allowed to have nick name I can remember - you know "Please enter a valid nick, DonĀ“t use spaces or signs". Spaces, I can do without, but what is it with the signs? Not even a dot is allowed! I skipped registration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version