ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

Pegasus Mail?

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
cool, i did't know that. though i kind of like the splashscreen it's good to know it can be disabled.

tinyvillager:
Rock On! :)

Thank you ,rrtwister,worked like a charm.

rrtwister:
My pleasure. Just glad anytime I can find some small way to contribute.

ThommyTulp:

Hello!

For instance the fact it requires a default reply-to address, which makes it nigh useless when working with multiple accounts - perhaps there is a workaround, but when I discovered this when trying to help a friend about ten days ago, it really led to me losing all faith in PMail.
-m_s (November 11, 2005, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pegasus Mail does not require a default reply-to address. If you have left that setting blank, a reply to your message will be sent to your From-address (i.e., to your actual address).

rjbull:
For instance the fact it requires a default reply-to address, which makes it nigh useless when working with multiple accounts...  It seems old-fashioned and clunky to me, and I would certainly choose Thunderbird over it, and possibly even OE. 
--- End quote ---

I see ThommyTulp has succinctly answered this in the interim - thanks, TT - while I went off and asked the same question in the Yahoo! Groups Pegasus area (the real support is by mailing list, but that's too busy).  Here's part of the reply.  It's message 43, but you have to join the list to see it, so no point in a link:

=== begin quote ===
> You do not have to enter a default repl-to address. You may do so
> if you want to, but you are not forced to. If you have not
> specified a default reply-to address, the replies to your
> messages are sent to the From-address of your message (i.e., to
> your e-mail address). Setting up a default reply-to address is
> useful only if the reply-to address is different from your actual
> e-mail address. An example: in a mailing list, you want to make
=== end quote ===

It seems old-fashioned and clunky to me,
--- End quote ---

Well, it -is- one of the older ones.  Who wants to be a fashion victim anyway...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version