ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

Pegasus Mail?

(1/6) > >>

rjbull:
I read the e-mail client review the other day, and was surprised to find that Pegasus Mail wasn't  included.  I'd always thought it was the best known of the freeware clients.  Is that pure chance, nobody happened to have any experience of it? 

m_s:
A lot of people around me use it and swear by it, and I have used it a little - I must say that I find it convoluted and, at times, difficult to work with.  For instance the fact it requires a default reply-to address, which makes it nigh useless when working with multiple accounts - perhaps there is a workaround, but when I discovered this when trying to help a friend about ten days ago, it really led to me losing all faith in PMail.  It seems old-fashioned and clunky to me, and I would certainly choose Thunderbird over it, and possibly even OE. 

mouser:
seem like i should have included it in the review. i know about it, it must have just slipped my mind.
ill try to add it to the review if someone wants to give me some info to make it easier i would appreciate it.

tinyvillager:
I agree with m_s ,especially in the multiple accounts department.It's very difficult to find an email client that
handles multiple accounts correctly.I'm using the bat right now,decent,though not perfect (they seriously need a better update system),and someone tell me how to disable that splash screen. :mad:I used Becky before that,
pretty good,but the way it's developed makes me nervous,too back alley for lack of a better term.

rrtwister:
.I'm using the bat right now,decent,though not perfect (they seriously need a better update system),and someone tell me how to disable that splash screen.
-tinyvillager (November 13, 2005, 12:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got the following info from http://www.ritlabs.com/kb/idx/47/094/article/

It is possible to start The Bat! without the splash screen?
Yes, it is possible to start The Bat! without the splash screen. In order to
achieve that it is necessary to use the Command Line in a Shortcut. Usually
looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat.exe"

If the Shortcut is located in the Windows Startup folder, and you want to switch
off the The Bat! startup Logo by adding the /NOLOGO parameter, so the "Target"
property of the shortcut becomes something like this:

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat.exe" /NOLOGO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version