ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Desktops V1.0 - a virtual desktop manager from Sysinternals

<< < (5/5)

justice:
Yeah after a day's use (leaving the pc on overnight at the end of the workday), Vista/XP Virtual Desktop Manager is now using 160MB haha (private working set)

jgpaiva:
Oh, that's too bad. :(
A memory leak really kills it. But it does have good prospects :)

Paul Keith:
Sounded cool at first, but I got discouraged due to others experiences. I am still looking for something like this myself for Windows (currently using Vista/XP Desktop Manager, I think that's the name...). I don't want to boot to Ubuntu just to have my 256 desktops (I normally use 25, but Ubuntu supports up to 256, and I tried it out of curiosity - interesting, but you can't see anything on an individual desktop :P).
-wreckedcarzz (August 26, 2008, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you set your virtual desktops to not eat the panel?

wreckedcarzz:
Sounded cool at first, but I got discouraged due to others experiences. I am still looking for something like this myself for Windows (currently using Vista/XP Desktop Manager, I think that's the name...). I don't want to boot to Ubuntu just to have my 256 desktops (I normally use 25, but Ubuntu supports up to 256, and I tried it out of curiosity - interesting, but you can't see anything on an individual desktop :P).
-wreckedcarzz (August 26, 2008, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you set your virtual desktops to not eat the panel?
-Paul Keith (September 03, 2008, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

"Eat the panel"? The desktop manager stays the same size, just looks like a ton of pixels. I use Compiz to navigate through it. Good fun when you have a teacher looking over your shoulder wondering where that Firefox window of YouTube went... ;D

Paul Keith:
Hmm... it must work differently. I swear when I tried the gnome workspace switcher, I needed to add 4 to it's 4 panels to achieve something that exceeds it's max panel ability resulting in tons of square boxes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version