ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Really impressed: BB Flashback, Blueberry software upgrade policy

(1/4) > >>

tranglos:
A huge compliment to Blueberry software, the makers of BB Flashback. I originally bought it in December 2006, almost two years ago, at a 50% (or so) Donationcoder discount.  :-* That was version 1.5.

Version 2.0 has been out for a while, with cool new features (scroll down the page for what's new). The full price is rather steep, at $225. Registered 1.5 users can upgrade for $99 - fair enough, but still costly. Click the Upgrade link, and you're taken to a page with several upgrade options, one of which reads I had an educational or charity discount when I purchased BB FlashBack. Do I get a discount on the upgrade?. Answer: Heck yeah! :up:

Enter your existing license number, and if you originally bought at a discount, the same discount percentage is applied to your purchase of 2.0! I have to use all thse exclamation points, because I could hardly believe it. So it's not $225, and not $99 either - I upgraded to version 2.0 for $49.50.

...and before I finished downloading the new version I already had an email with the new registration code.

Really impressive. Thank you, Donationcoder, and thank you Blueberry Software. A major win.

J-Mac:
I would love to get BB Flashback, but that initial price - even with the DC discount - is too steep for me, unfortunately. I do have a need for screencasting software but I don't have a big need. And at that price I would pretty much be wasting the license. I won't spend anything for the Express version because it is limited and I would hate to get it because of price alone and find out the limitations are too great for me. (You never really see how the limitations affect you until you purchase, in my experience).

As it is I have to get by with Jing.

Jim

widgewunner:
Hi everybody,

First post. I recently discovered this place after searching for screencasting software. Was impressed with your thorough software reviews and the overall positive tone of the posts and content here. I registered and am posting here to let everyone know that the BB Flashback Express version is now free. Figured some of you might want to know.

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions? I haven't donated anything yet, but might be inticed into it... :^)

mouser:
That's great news -- the express version is definitely sufficient for most small screencasts :Thmbsup:

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions?
--- End quote ---
there's an ongoing 50% discount on bb flashback pro -- just tested it and it still works.

J-Mac:
Hi everybody,

First post. I recently discovered this place after searching for screencasting software. Was impressed with your thorough software reviews and the overall positive tone of the posts and content here. I registered and am posting here to let everyone know that the BB Flashback Express version is now free. Figured some of you might want to know.

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions? I haven't donated anything yet, but might be inticed into it... :^)

-widgewunner (April 11, 2009, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow! And here I was just at their site recently, drooling as usual over the full version and wishing I had a strong enough need to get it! Of course I dod not even take notice that the Express version was free. Story of my life!

Thank you for the heads up, widgewunner! On my way to download it now!  (Oh, I feel wike Elmeh Fuud when I twy to say your username out loud!!   ;D )

Jim

Edit:  Hmm.. Weird - Looks like the policy is the same: Express is a free download and a 30 trial. But on the Express page itself it says "Free forever". I guess they just changed this and haven't edited all their pages yet. Cool - Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version