ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Alias: Send Twitter updates from Farr

<< < (10/11) > >>

TucknDar:
BUUUMP, latest version off of DCUpdater works fine with my crazy Norwegian characters, æ, ø, å, etc... however the version in the first post in this thread, doesn't work, so I suggest you update it, lanux ;)

Otherwise, thanks for a wonderful alias. I'm hopeful that something similar for Facebook status will be possible eventually. They've released their API, so maybe...

lanux128:
BUUUMP, latest version off of DCUpdater works fine with my crazy Norwegian characters, æ, ø, å, etc... however the version in the first post in this thread, doesn't work, so I suggest you update it, lanux ;)
-TucknDar (April 18, 2010, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for this discovery, i'll update the 1st post. :up:

Otherwise, thanks for a wonderful alias. I'm hopeful that something similar for Facebook status will be possible eventually. They've released their API, so maybe...
-TucknDar (April 18, 2010, 04:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

actually there is this script that uses cURL to update Facebook status. :)

lanux128:
i just remembered that FarrWebMetaSearch by phitsc is a very handy Farr plugin. there is support for Twitter and the search results are shown live as you type. :up:

Alias: Send Twitter updates from Farr
• https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21340.0

lanux128:
ok, this is not so good news. as of August 31, twitter has switched to OAuth exclusively and removes basic authentication support from the API. this means the alias cannot be used to post updates anymore, i'll see if i can add OAuth support but no promises.. :(

• http://blog.twitter.com/2010/08/twitter-applications-and-oauth.html

Saturday24:
Any updates on this? what alternative way of tweeting have you developed since?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version