topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: HandyFile Find and Replace family on 25% discount until end of month  (Read 5962 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The HandyFile Find and Replace family of programs are all on 25% discount until the end of the month:

• Text Aid Kit (the simplest version: search plain text files, find and replace text in them);
  • Office Edition (search and replace in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files as well);
  • Text Workbench (can search and replace via FTP; support for Unicode and UTF-8 files, Word and Excel files, embedded text editor and other options).

Too many variations on license types/costs to post - look here for details.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: HandyFile Find and Replace family on 25% discount until end of month
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:49 PM »
Just to let everyone know that the discount has been running for at least 8 months (and I expect it to be running beyond the end of September) ;) I took advantage of it in the beginning of Feburary. One nice thing about SilverAge's products is their lifetime licensing policy  :Thmbsup:

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Just to let everyone know that the discount has been running for at least 8 months

I didn't know that - in the UK, we have laws about what constitutes a "sale price" - but the current discount is for "for those who survive the US economy recession !" so they must have updated the Web page fairly recently.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Heh, heh, nope! When I bought in February the discount was for survivors of the US economy recession!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Incidentally, File Saver is, AFAICR, a British company that does this as well (I bought an earlier version in 2004, taking advantage of one of their "sales" and have never known the software NOT to be on sale).

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 04:06 AM »
Incidentally, File Saver is, AFAICR, a British company that does this as well (I bought an earlier version in 2004, taking advantage of one of their "sales" and have never known the software NOT to be on sale).

I dimly remember that, and wonder how they get away with it.  I also don't think it would install properly on Win98.