ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Send some info of your PC!

<< < (11/14) > >>

Grorgy:
I think you should ask them for the install disks as well Curt, I noticed you say they aren't included, now would be the time to make sure they give them to you.  and have fun with it, sounds good to me.

Curt:
You can bet that I did ask. Repeatedly. Their shop is merely one out of many shops within a concern - they don't have it, and they don't care to get it.

Edited:
I was offered to order a rescue CD for $80 instead

Darwin:
No worries, Curt  :Thmbsup: As far as 32-bit vs 64-bit goes, the main difference (for me) is the ability of the OS to access and use all the RAM installed on your computer. I actually, jumped at a cheap upgrade from 3 to 4 GB of RAM on my notebook, knowing that there was a risk that it would be all for nought, and it was! However, even with it only recognising 3GB, it FLIES.

Re: your install discs, before you return the computer, check to see if the discs are actually located on your harddrive and that you don't need to use a factory installed recovery program to burn them to DVD?

Curt:
I will have to demonstrate how little if anything at all I understand about this subject: Are you telling me that every modern PC can run 64-bit??? I thought (imagined) there were 32-bit machines and 64-bit machines, the hardware, and to fit this technique you did not had any choice regarding the bit numbers of the Operating System, the software.

Dormouse:
yes   :)

... but not all software will run on 64bit  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version