ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Vista suffering from FUD?

<< < (5/7) > >>

mwang:
On a peripherally related note, check out Apple's Family Pack licence scheme on OS-X (and take note MS!)
-Darwin (September 05, 2008, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I guess they make it up with the profit from hardware, which always sells at a premium over similarly configured PC.

mwang:
The KMS licensing requirement was created due to the XP era corporate keys being swapped around faster than a whore at a viking festival. -Stoic Joker (September 05, 2008, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only to see it hacked again while legit users get all the inconveniences. I'm sure they'll invent something new again, and this will go on forever. That's part of the reason why I'm going Linux. They (MS and the pirates) are having so much fun playing Tom and Jerry that I just don't think I belong in the same house.

steeladept:
On a peripherally related note, check out Apple's Family Pack licence scheme on OS-X (and take note MS!)
-Darwin (September 05, 2008, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I guess they make it up with the profit from hardware, which always sells at a premium over similarly configured PC.
-mwang (September 05, 2008, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not if you get a Psystar machine.   8)

mwang:
Not if you get a Psystar machine.
-steeladept (September 05, 2008, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know how cheap it is; they don't sell it here (Taiwan).

steeladept:
I believe they are mail-order only.  Either way, they do have world-wide distribution including Asia according to their web site.  I don't know individual countries, however, as they just say "distributors in Asia"....

As for price, they start with OS X Leopard at USD$555.  That sounds pretty cheap to me.  I am sure that is not including shipping though.  http://www.psystar.com/index.php

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version