ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the best image-"framer"?

<< < (9/10) > >>

cranioscopical:
I change my own age daily...
-cranioscopical (September 09, 2008, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Do you change with age?-PhilB66 (September 09, 2008, 10:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hoping for some relief? Only for the worse, I fear  ;)

Dormouse:
Of course I would also like to test idImager in order to see if there are any noticeable differences, concerning frames. As you said, they use the same engine, but  regarding frames  I would like to know if idImager is offering some valuable extras, having an in-built editor, other than idFramer does.-Curt (September 09, 2008, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Belated congratulations  :Thmbsup:

Now I have IdImager, but haven't tried IdFramer separately. IdI does have many more functions than IdF, but I doubt whether they extend to framing. IdI is fundamentally an Image Database Manager, but also has raw conversion and some photoediting and comparison tools.

However, a lot of frame editing is possible. You can have as many frame layers as you want (you simply add layers as you choose). The layers can be of any pattern/texture you choose (you can select the image you want to use as the base from any image on your computer) and you can choose whether to tile or stretch it. You can set the shape of the frame by using masks (you can see examples by looking in the masks folder, and it would be very easy then to design your own). And, of course, each layer can be of any width etc etc. And having designed a custom frame, you can save it and use it as often as you want, tweaking it as much as you want as you go. And all the frames can easily be duplicated and/or edited.

Pretty simple and pretty effective and flexible.

Curt:
Pretty simple and pretty effective and flexible.-Dormouse (September 10, 2008, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

- and pretty expensive! No matter the price you have made idImager very interesting to me. I think I will want it for Christma$...   8)

Lutz_:
Something different: automatting

http://www.imagetrendsinc.com/products/prodpage_automatting.asp

CleverCat:
Something different: automatting

http://www.imagetrendsinc.com/products/prodpage_automatting.asp
-Lutz_ (September 11, 2008, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow great for slide shows for DVD player....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version