ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the best image-"framer"?

<< < (6/10) > >>

Darwin:
From the outer track shareware3 is trying to take over! What will be the end of this exciting race? Stay tuned!-Curt (September 08, 2008, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Grorgy:
Ive not looked but...something like paintdotnet (which I bet you have curt lol) would enable you with just a little work to make your own frames in next to no time.  Not as easy perhaps but more rewarding  :)

Dormouse:
The problem with design-your-own solutions is that they either have to be designed for each photo in turn or that you have a relatively small number of frames to choose from.

The frame making programs have a choice of options (many or few depending on the program), where there can be settings for width, colour, gradient, opacity etc and where there can be an outside and inner frame and another frame to simulate the card on which the photo can be mounted inside the frame. There are a lot of easily made choices so that each photo can have a frame designed to suit it without spending a lot of time doing the framing. When you have a lot of photos you want to frame, and you are fussy about the quality, the time that this approach saves can be huge.

Curt:
Grorgy was (of course) close! I have had Paint.NET, but it is too slow on my alreday slow PC, making the combination extremely slow. I won't be trying it again until I have a new mean lean power plant.

Dormouse is right on the spot. The frame I would create for A is not the one I would want to use for B or C, etcetera, making the total amount of used/consumed time huge.

The principles used in idFramer are ingenious, regarding the available frames and the way you can choose what to add:

I don't yet have any idea about how to add new frames to idFramer, using the same procedures as shown in the picture, but I am really hoping it will be possible in a easy way. Then this would be my next step. The next exciting part of the race... My problem right here and now is that I have not yet collected any frames, so I am in the dark when it comes to understanding what frames really are! What ARE we talking about?

CleverCat:
Usually .png files that you import to lay over or behind your pic. You then save as .jpeg or bmp if u prefer.

If you have MS Publisher it's easy too....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version