ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the best image-"framer"?

<< < (4/10) > >>

CleverCat:
Good one Darwin - didn't think of that..  :Thmbsup:

hamradio:
Check out: FrameFun  :)

brett:
Check out helicon filter

Create a frame, (and lots of other adjustments)
apply to folder, (create new images in subfolder, never alter the original)

Performed on 192 images raw format 10mb per picture = 15mins
Performed on 81 images jpg format 1600x1200 = 3mins

read my review at
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14768.msg128321#msg128321

Warning.   Large photo 750k, added color, reduce noise, added sharpen, ADDED FRAME
What's the best image-"framer"?

Curt:
Thanks, hamradio, I tried FrameFun once again, but didn't get to understand how to use it this time either. I managed all right to create SOME frames, but never the frame I wanted to.

--
Really fine review, Brett!  :up:
This is quite some frame, you have added. I don't have much experience in this field, a week or so, but I have studied thousands of images, and I cannot recall I ever before have noticed an added frame including / repeating the neighbourhood like this:

- this is most interesting, and I surely will try out Helicon Filter. However, as I understand the differences between Free, Home, and Pro, there are quite some restrictions in the frame creating part of the freeware version. And I am not too sure I can afford the Home or Pro versions, at this side of New Year.

Thanks!

Curt:
Thanks, Darwin, for reminding me about PhotoFiltre. I have the free version, but was never tempted by it to purchase the Pro version, because I don't know if 'outside-frames' is an option in the Pro, which it is not in the free.

Regarding PaintShop Pro: I got angry with the company because of - and this is something I know YOU can relate to, Darwin - because of their currency conversion rates! I know some other companies are a lot worse, but I just got pi***d. But come a sale, I might forget about it.

And what goes for ScreenShot Captor. Well... I have it, and I know it is tremendous capable, because I have tried the various versions so many times - I felt I had to, you know, in order to be part of the gang - but the truth is that I don't like it. Too many difficult questions to answer or hotkeys to remember, or I don't know. Just looking at the GUI makes me tired.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version