ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the best image-"framer"?

<< < (5/10) > >>

brett:
Hi Curt

There are some differences between Free,Home and Pro in Helicon Filter. But having used Pro for a while now I could not remember what they where.
The frames do change with the option of adding shapes etc, and this is a lot more then I thought.  :(

Good news is the 'apply to folder' is in the free.

As I said in the review, sometimes you have to dig and poke around this application to find some extras.
There is a menu option that allows you to switch between 'simple' and 'expert' mode.  (free and paid)
So whilst in trial you can play with either modes.

The ball overlapping in the frame is a little distracting, so here is another, all done in simple mode
Framed with 'unfocussed strong'

Brett

Lutz_:
A simple tool with a framing option in the "batch conversion" tab  and with very nice collage options on it's "page" tab is Photoscape.
Donationware.

http://www.photoscape.org

Curt:
A simple tool with a framing option in the "batch conversion" tab  and with very nice collage options on it's "page" tab is Photoscape.-Lutz_ (September 07, 2008, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
The best freeware version I so far have found is the fine PhotoScape, but the number of different frames it can offer  is not enough for me; the frames are there, all right, but there are too few, and they are too simple, I think. -Curt (September 05, 2008, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Being free/donation-ware, I think PhotoScape is mighty fine. Only, it is not enough for me. Seen from my end of the line  the closing of the race is between shareware, shareware, and shareware!  :(

Darwin:
I don't know Curt. Have you considered shareware as an alternative  ;D

Curt:
Yes, Darwin.   8) And I have also considered to purchase a new computer, and the entire Adobe line, and a new Rolls Royce...

When I typed the above post I was thinking that I have yet a program can do frames, but I couldn't right away remember which one. Now I remember that Ashampoo Photo Commander 6 also do frames. Not many, some 2 x 30, but they are there. A few of them are all right to use, but maybe only a few. It is shareware (why is it shareware?), and I did paid for it long ago. However, regarding the number of frames being "few": a few out of a few is very few, isn't it. So I guess its back to the race "And here comes shareware2, it is almost catching up with shareware1! The race is getting really close. And what is now this: From the outer track shareware3 is trying to take over! What will be the end of this exciting race? Stay tuned!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version