ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's the best image-"framer"?

(1/10) > >>

Curt:
I have a minor collection of pictures / photos that I want to frame, hoping it would make them look even better  as wallpapers on my XP's desktop,  but I am having serious troubles finding the right application to do so.  The best freeware version I so far have found is the fine PhotoScape, but the number of different frames it can offer  is not enough for me; the frames are there, all right, but there are too few, and they are too simple, I think. So I was wondering if maybe 'you' know something about this subject   and will tell what "framer" you can recommend, please?

It MUST offer to save as .JPG > 100% quality, original dimensions

I know Photoshop can do all I want, but I really don't have that kind of money
- so Freeware or cheap-priced-ware applications are preferred, please!

One example:

The family playing volleyball. Nice, if you know the people, but in general a little boring:

This frame may be an improvement to the picture, but the frame itself is not quite good enough, I think; there should be no white space inside the frame:

I am of course not just looking for a frame for this picture
- so, please  tell  what is The Best 'framer'?  :tellme: (that I can afford)?

Dormouse:
Today the Giveaway of the Day is Wondershare Photo Collage Studio, which apparently includes photo frames.

The framer that I would go for is IDFramer - but it is $39  :(, which is why I haven't bought it (so far anyway).

CleverCat:
When u say 'minor' curt - how many photo's are we talking about?

CleverCat:
I've got a load of frames - just png's, will work with any programme! You can get free frames all over the net.

Just did this in Open Office Draw - Portable - It's FREE - 80mb download from www.portableapps.com

Open Office is great.....

CleverCat:
You just resize to fit pic and Export as JPEG!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version