ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you manage your email?

<< < (13/14) > >>

Armando:
My guess is that, in a few years... paper won't be supported anymore.
-Armando (September 11, 2008, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Got a specific date in mind by any chance?

-40hz (September 11, 2008, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Of course : Nostradamus talked about December 12, 2012. When we'll hit that day, you won't be able to find a single post-it.

Personally, I think that's about as likely as a Paperless Bathroom.  ;D
--- End quote ---

In many countries and regions the paperless bathroom is very real, my friend.  :Thmbsup:

Possibly incarcerated if it's tax information. Definitely something to cry about should that happen. :)
--- End quote ---

Really...? don't think that Canadians are that crazy... yet. We're getting there though, slowly but surely.  :'(

40hz:

--- End quote ---

In many countries and regions the paperless bathroom is very real, my friend.  :Thmbsup:

-Armando (September 11, 2008, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Perhaps. But I very much doubt that was by design. ;D

xtabber:
They've been taking about the Paperless Office of the Future since the early 1970's. ;)

--- End quote ---

That joke takes me back, if not to the early 1970's, at least to 1981, when I heard a DEC engineer use it in a speech at a CP/M-86 conference. I've been using it ever since.

40hz:
They've been taking about the Paperless Office of the Future since the early 1970's. ;)

--- End quote ---

That joke takes me back, if not to the early 1970's, at least to 1981, when I heard a DEC engineer use it in a speech at a CP/M-86 conference. I've been using it ever since.
-xtabber (September 12, 2008, 02:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does anybody know who first came up with that phrase? I've used it many times and I'd love to be able to give credit where credit's due. 8)

Antonimo:
I use The Bat! because I have to manage multiple account (currently about thirty accounts).

I have a number of sub-folder beneath the in-boxes that receive the message based on rules and filters. The original poster mentioned that he uses The bat! at home so he is aware of the extremely powerful filtering.

The most important part of my e-mail system is that The Bat! allows one to create a global rules and "share them" with whichever accounts one likes.

I have a global rule that BCCs every message that I send to my Gmail account.

Added to a second global rule that "redirects" a copy of every in-coming message to my Gmail account and I find that I can search and find e-mails considerably quicker through Gmail than I can using the Bat!'s own search feature.

Furthermore, Gmail also offers very useful filters and sorting facilities.

If you are only using one POP e-mail account, you can set up Gmail to send out e-mail and make it appear to have come from your POP account. You can further recieve you POP e-mail via G-mail so everything is backed up on Gmail with the added advantage of Gmail's e-mail servers will not likely be blacklisted for spam.

One final point about The Bat!. I use it in combination with ABC Amber The Bat Converter which lets me archive old e-mails in PDF, CHM, HTML and a number of other formats. Excellent for storage and retrieval.

The Bat! and ABC Amber are two of only three programs that I have gladly paid for. I believe they are worth a total of $30. Otherwise, I strongly advocate donating to and using open source software wherever possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version