ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Links to Review and Comments - Add yours!

<< < (11/14) > >>

alias:
Excellent review on the Freeware Genius site...

mouser:
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Thanks for pointing that out alias, it's a review that really gave me a nice feeling.  :Thmbsup:

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2010/11/15/find-and-run-robot-a-brilliant-search-box-style-launcher-and-task-management-app

The verdict: this is one post where I will start with the verdict, which I usually reserve until the end. There are two things I want say about this program to sum it up:

(1) If you are unfamiliar with search-box style launchers like FARR and Launchy, you’re in for a treat. Once you try these, they will literally transform the way you use your computer. Just imagine: instead of hunting in your start menu or other locations for a shortcut, all you need to do is start typing the first few letters of the program name, and it will popup. (Very useful if you have a large folder full of portable programs, like I do, that never make it to the start menu).

(2) FARR is likely the best program of it’s kind. It has come a long way since I first saw it many years ago; for one thing, it has undergone a face ift that brought about the “wow” factor which Launchy had from the start.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
It's worth emphasizing what he says is the key thing about farr:

But the real, difficult-to-replicate edge it has over other programs like it is the community over at Donationcoder which has embraced it and continuously develops plugins for it that enable it to perform a wide range of tasks.
--- End quote ---

So let me express my thanks to everyone who has contributed to FARR, whether it be by making a plugin, sharing alias packs, suggesting and testing features, etc.  Not only do you guys make the program so much better, but you are what makes it fun for me to keep developing it.  Thank you!

jaden:
Three cheers for FARR  :up: :up: :up:

I started out with Launchy, then learned about FARR and that it didn't need to re-index whenever a new app was installed.  I've been a die-hard FARR fan ever since.

wenbin:
Start to use this software after I read the article  ;) :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version