ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Links to Reviews and Comments - Add yours!

<< < (14/19) > >>

mouser:
Screenshot Captor is Download of the Day at TechRadar

It also offers visual embellishments such as borders and shadows, and automatic file naming. It offers easy watermarking, integration with image editing apps and Windows Explorer integration, and its microscopic system requirements mean you can leave it running all the time without worrying about a negative effect on your PC’s performance.. it’s much more useful than anything Windows itself offers.
--- End quote ---

tomos:
^ well done mouser !
Your naming skills are getting a bashing again :D

http://www.techradar.com/news/download-of-the-day-screenshot-captor

mouser:
all in good fun :Thmbsup:

if they only knew that of all my program names, Screenshot Captor is probably the best of the lot.. It's all downhill from there  ;D

KynloStephen66515:
^ well done mouser !
Your naming skills are getting a bashing again :D

http://www.techradar.com/news/download-of-the-day-screenshot-captor
-tomos (November 17, 2016, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I cannot stop laughing at what they wrote  ;D ;D ;D

Captor. Captor. Captor. Nope: try as we might, we can’t help thinking that the developers have made a mistake naming this one: captor usually means something that has captured something else and is keeping that thing prisoner. Sinister naming aside - what’s next? Vid Napper?

Screenshot Captor is designed to do one thing and do it well: capture a screenshot and keep it prisoner. Er, we mean capture a screenshot and enable you to use it elsewhere.

-Tech Radar - http://www.techradar.com/news/download-of-the-day-screenshot-captor
--- End quote ---

IainB:
... I cannot stop laughing at what they wrote  ;D ;D ;D
-Stephen66515 (November 18, 2016, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, well, depressingly, they probably did not write it for peoples' amusement. The thing was apparently intended to be a technical review in what was (or what used to be) a relatively credible technical website blog.
Although they describe SC as "A superb screen grabber with a not so superb name" they fail to substantiate why it is superb, then spend valuable column inches wasting the reader's time with vapid comments about the name, finishing up with the unsubstantiated and blatantly wrong statement that:
If you’re running Windows 10 you probably don’t need it, but on older Windows devices it’s much more useful than anything Windows itself offers.

--- End quote ---
With all that seemingly misplaced focus and superficial chitchat, the reader is probably at least left none the wiser, and at worst, misled, as to why he/she would want to download the software.

Some people (not me, you understand) might say that techradar could have written an interesting, accurate and useful pukka technical review and evaluation of the SC, using as much or (if done properly) more space than the facile piece that they did write, and that it was unfortunately a lazy and moronic review with no valuable or useful technical depth to it at all, however I couldn't possibly comment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version