ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

And... The Ultimate Steal makes a comeback

<< < (3/5) > >>

J-Mac:
Odd - if you hover over the "Am I eligible?" link #2 says that you must be a student at a US educational institution. Huh?  :huh:

Jim

Grorgy:
ahhh Jim, its doing that because the link in the first post is to the US site, each country has its own, so yes on the US site you do have to be a student (staff?) at a US college, but in other countries then its in colleges in their countries

Carol Haynes:
I have to confess I bought the Vista 'upgrades' in this offer (shame I hear you cry).

The downloads are upgrade only (though there are techniques to generate ISO discs instead).

Having said that I opted to buy a physical disc. They are not actually 'upgrade' discs they are Vista Anytime discs and repectively contain all flavours of Vista on the 32bit and 64bit discs. They install absolutely as standard - not as upgrades though you can use them as an upgrade disc. I installed to a blank partition without even being asked for a qualifying product.

Interestingly with Vista (unlike XP) you can install for 30 days without even entering a product key but nevertheless you can use Windows update to fully update Vista during the 30 day period. With XP you can't really update it until you activate it.

This is a really good idea in Vista becasue it means you can completely set up your system before you activate and make sure everything is fine before you commit yourself to the activation process. At least then if anything goes wrong you can start again without having to call MS and explain what happened.

Darwin:
Thanks Carol - sounds like that is the way forward, then. If I have to order the media, I'll wait for next month as I'll be a student in Canada (in addition to the UK) as of January 5!

mediaguycouk:
Interesting that you are allowed to upgrade OSX to Vista without buying the full version

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version