ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

looking for...a wiki?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Target:
some clarification

I anticipate this would be a single self contained page (think wiki on a stick) as, apart from the aforementioned attendance details, it won't be sued for data storage or sharing

given that, I doubt I need database support, nor do I really need 'whiteboard' functionality

I visited wiki matrix yesterday, but most everything had a dependency on something else (linux, PHP, webserver, IIS, PERL, Python, etc) which would be overkill and i suppose I was trying to avoid

mouser:
I think the primary question you should answer first is:
are you open to using an online web service (ad supported probably), or do you require something you will install and run locally.

Target:
local - we're inside a corporate network and this is something that would be local to our (small) group

sri:
http://mashable.com/2008/07/29/wiki-solutions/

Shades:
@Target:

Your solution would be: Tiddlywiki

This is a one file Wiki (with a lot javascript behind it). It's about 300 Kbyte in size when you begin with it, and will grow according to your input. You can put it on a webserver if so desired or keep it on an USB stick.

Instead of a "one-hit-wonder" this Wiki would be a "one-file-wonder"  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version