ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome -- key reasons for its debut

<< < (2/13) > >>

Lashiec:
I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw this on Digg. This is not the EULA of Google Chrome, it's for Google the service. Go to google.com with Firefox or IE and you can find the same terms of service.
-mwang (September 03, 2008, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Errr, then why it's in the Chrome EULA? Firefox and Opera license agreements don't have such provisions.

kartal:
Because that is what everyone is doing does not mean it is the right thing.

tomos:
This is not the EULA of Google Chrome, it's for Google the service.
-mwang (September 03, 2008, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

no, you're wrong there - it may be in google eula but it's also in chrome
http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html
and scroll down to #11

fenixproductions:
When I am using G or MS online services I can expect such restrictions. Also when I am walking down the street I know that someone might observe me or follow. Someone can even record me on CCTV. Hopefully: my home is my castle. No one should even dare to sneak inside. The only thing which might happen is observing me through my window BUT not from the inside. If I invite you I don't expect installing candid camera in my bathroom too.

It should be simple and work both ways:
My place == my rules. Take it or leave it.

mwang:
no, you're wrong there - it may be in google eula but it's also in chrome
http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html
and scroll down to #11
-tomos (September 03, 2008, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I stand corrected. (For the second time today on this Chrome thing, and I've only used it for five minutes. Doh!)

That said, The whole EULA is basically a clone of Google service EULA (with minimum changes), and I still think they are covering the same bases, though I have to say they could have written a better EULA for the software part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version