ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google lovers, Chrome adapters- Google Chrome`s meticulous caring privacy policy

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mark0:
This is all I found:

Matt Cutts: Preventing paranoia: when does Google Chrome talk to Google.com?

For better or worse, my blog is popular with the Google conspiracy-theorist demographic. I knew that as soon as Google Chrome launched, some readers would ask tough questions about privacy and how/when Google Chrome communicates with google.com.

So I decided to tackle this issue head-on. I talked to the Chrome team to find out if there’s anything to worry about. The short answer is no. For the long answer, read on.
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
From that blog post, things sounds quite reasonable.

If there aren't other "privacy issues" than that, and there aren't going to be, then imho there's nothing to fuzz about. And since it's opensores, people can keep watch... but oh yeah, <tinfoilhat>google could do different builds than from the publicly available source</tinfoilhat>

Mark0:
I think that they know that someone eventually will be able to sniff all the traffic Chrome make, interpret / decrypt it, and blog out for all the Digg / Reddit population to see, if there's something even remotely strange! :)

fenixproductions:
We know about Chrome now but what about GoogleUpdate.exe? This guy is not open sourced.
Google is against me because I cannot find an info what data this app sends ;)

This makes me wonder:
HKCU\Software\Google\Update\UsageStats\

Ehtyar:
We know about Chrome now but what about GoogleUpdate.exe? This guy is not open sourced.
Google is against me because I cannot find an info what data this app sends ;)

This makes me wonder:
HKCU\Software\Google\Update\UsageStats\
-fenixproductions (September 04, 2008, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Couldn't have said it better myself. People forget that this thing is scheduled to run when idle.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version