ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List of newbie questions regarding software

<< < (19/23) > >>

Paul Keith:
 ;D

This is the former:

do you want a todo list of items that you can easily reproduce & make variation on?
--- End quote ---

This is the latter:

do you want a todo list hat you can simply reuse when it done - start over - to-do again?
--- End quote ---

I would probably want some of these things though they aren't necessary:

1) Ability to organize the same sets of to do lists together on a section so that you would know which keyword you are searching on.

Ex.
Folder = These sets of to do list
a. Name of keyword 1
b. Name of keyword 2
c. Name of keyword 3

2) Ability to save the state of the to do list.

3) Online sync

4) Export/Import to <favorite program>

5) Ability to set priorities, goals, labels, tags, etc. (Basically a portable Remember the Milk or Toodledo but that's like what all mini-to do lists should strive for anyway)

6) FARR/Launchy/Slickrun/RocketDock integration

7) Portable

8) Hotkeys/Keyboard-only compatible

9) Large Colorful icons/Multiple Skins/Pretty Graphical User Interface

tomos:
thanks for clarifying Paul,
I was confused because I had three questions. Numbers 1 & 3 were related,
so former and latter werent communicating to me

numbering is good - I'll do that next time I've questions ;)

superboyac:
As with most of your requests, this sounds like a very particular and uncommon thing.  I can't think of an application that does this the way you describe.  Also, I'm still a little confused, but I think I get the idea.

Here's my thoughts.  You can probably write something in InfoQube with a function that may be able to do this, but I can't think of how exactly.  Yes, many todo programs have a feature for recurring tasks, but they are tied to time intervals.  The only one I can think of is this obscure program called Sciral Consistency.  It's a weird little program, but kind of cool because it offers a way to do seemingly insignificant, recurring tasks without a exact-date schedule.

That's my best suggestion.

Paul Keith:
Thanks. Glad to know there are still basic programs out there that haven't been made in bunches.

Nah, IQ and Sciral Consistency won't work for reasons that they aren't quite systray programs. (Not that they couldn't be minimized in the systray.)

Not only that but these kinds of tweak can be done more systray friendly using Evernote 2's template system, a Google Chrome app Joe's Goals and OneNote's template system. Even a tag based notetaker or MDI notepad would work.

It's not so much that these functionalities can't be replicated elsewhere. I would even think that The Form Letter or the recent Just to do it program that's in one of the recent topics in DC would eventually evolve to something like that.

It's just as you said, there's no specific program that comes to mind.

It's all tweaks and that defeats the speed by which to organize and manage these lists which is the key benefit that an app like this would have.

Armando:
I was going to suggest MLO (My life organized), but... No web sync... Unless you're willing to go use Outlook as a channel, and then from there to somewhere else.

and it might not have the "Large Colorful icons/Multiple Skins/Pretty Graphical User Interface" you're looking for (I like the interface, but it's fairly simple -- no big colorful icons...)

Apart from that... it seems to fit the bill...

well, unless :

- Which <favorite program> to export to do you have in mind ?

- A systray program...? What do you mean by that ? A program is a program, whether it shows in the systray or not... No?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version