ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

List of newbie questions regarding software

<< < (16/23) > >>

suleika:
You could also invest in either a Fisher Space Pen or a Fisher Space Pen Refill...
-Darwin (October 05, 2008, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always meant to buy a Fisher Space Pen.  Every now and then I want to write on a non-horizontal surface and drive myself mad jiggling and shaking my rollerball. The space pens seemed much more expensive back when I first became aware of them.  I think I shall get one now - thanks for the reminder!

The point of the chinagraph pencil is not just that it is waterproof and writes on vertical surfaces, but that on non-porous surfaces (glass, plastic, laminate, photographic paper, mylar) it is completely non-permanent; it lays a waxy deposit that wipes off cleanly.  I've seen it used in conveyor-belt sushi restaurants and other places where they need to temporarily mark time-codes.  And it's cheap.

Darwin:
And it's cheap.
-suleika (October 05, 2008, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cheap is good. Very good. I was just thinking that for jotting down notes in the shower, a pen would be easier to use than a wax crayon. However, if one could write ON the shower stall, transfer one's notes at a later time, and then clean the shower stall - BETTER  :Thmbsup:

40hz:
And it's cheap.
-suleika (October 05, 2008, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cheap is good. Very good. I was just thinking that for jotting down notes in the shower, a pen would be easier to use than a wax crayon. However, if one could write ON the shower stall, transfer one's notes at a later time, and then clean the shower stall - BETTER  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (October 05, 2008, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

gtoal:
Thanks gtoal but how do you use it?
-Paul Keith (September 11, 2008, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

compile it, then write a batch file with commands in it like

hakihaki < file.txt > file.html

any time you update file.txt, just double-click the batch file.

Paul Keith:
Hey, sorry for letting this topic run dry. Still not feeling well but mostly it's because I've been caught in the Twitter/Plurk net that I haven't replied.

I'm also going to have to set this aside as I recently realize that my lifestyle was in fact way more unproductive than I originally thought so I'll be checking off things in my growing to do list for awhile until I reach this entry just to be more focused on editing this.

Hi, feeling really sick right now so just a quick bump.

-Still trying to figure out SQLNotes though I've been feeling too weak to get the motivation to read the SQLNotes thread.

-Paul Keith (October 03, 2008, 04:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Take care of your health and then go have a look there (http://sites.google.com/site/infoqube/Home) and there too : http://sqlnotes.wikispaces.com/

SQLNotes is in the process of changing name (slowly getting out of its beta phase) to become InfoQube or IQ.

-Armando (October 03, 2008, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks but I was referring more towards the DC thread on the program as I skimmed those notes. Based on my conversation with Tomos, the documentation falls short due to the program being constantly updated so I decided to skip that.

Nice change of name. I admit I still don't get the whole cubifying information since you can't simultaneously achieve the effect but it's a less scarier name for those of us who don't know what SQL is.

Paul, you and mouser are probably having similar difficulties with SQLNotes.  I had the same issues in the beginning (probably more).  Put in the effort to figure it out.  Most likely, if SN can't do what you're trying to do, there probably isn't another information management system available yet that can.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I read your post about it. It's too bad I haven't reached the part where it solved this issue for you. (although the guys were quick to give you an example with the basketball thing)

Sorry I didn't notice your question till now.  I got my chinagraph pencils from a serious stationary store.   Chinagraph pencil is basically like wax crayons but less soft and wrapped in a protective way.  I don't know where you're from and it might be called something different, but you can probably find it once you search for the correct term.
--- End quote ---

This thing looks like it's rarer than I originally expected. Do you know of a cheap online store that sells these in sets?

As to the all-weather paper - from what you describe, you could have a rolling notebook, where you write, and then transfer your notes elsewhere.  Then you simply cross out the original entry and you wouldn't need to start a new page or waste paper.
--- End quote ---

This is true but how do you keep the other pages from getting wet?

compile it, then write a batch file with commands in it like

hakihaki < file.txt > file.html

any time you update file.txt, just double-click the batch file.
--- End quote ---

Oh, I meant the actual content of the wiki.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version