ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Chrome -- a new browser coming (in beta) in a few hours

<< < (26/35) > >>

Ehtyar:
You're most welcome Darwin. Though I must say, I do love Firefox's update mechanism. Google just got theirs waaaaaay wrong.

Ehtyar.

Ehtyar:
I was tempted to start another topic for this, but I'll restrain myself; there are too many already. There are details of the carpet-bombing attack that affects Chrome here and here.

Ehtyar.

invenit:
It feels very fast indeed and once I had set ad-muncher to strip advertising from pages it feels no slower than Opera
--- End quote ---

Whoa! Thanks, Dirhael. I started evaluating Ad Muncher today and it is exactly what I need for Sleipnir (and, possibly Chrome (after Google addresses its shortcomings)). I still got a month to look it over but I may register sooner. Great thread.   ;D

Edvard:
I was tempted to start another topic for this, but I'll restrain myself; there are too many already. There are details of the carpet-bombing attack that affects Chrome here and here.

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (September 04, 2008, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I thought it was weird that Chrome just went ahead and downloaded whatever you clicked on without so much as a "how ya doin'?".
NO browser does that, why does Chrome?

jgpaiva:
Not exactly, edvard.. I know Opera does that (the download starts just as you press the link, even before you've told it where to save/run), and i'm pretty sure there must be an addon for firefox to have it doing the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version