ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Steam, and the gift of game...

<< < (6/13) > >>

Deozaan:
ThalSwe: Check your Private Messages for info about gifting Beyond Good & Evil to you. :)

ThalSwe:
Not sure if its permanently (as they might change their mind eventually) but currently UbiSoft and...think Atari dont sell any of their games on Steam outside Canada/USA. Might even be another one or two publishers doing the same but simply not to the same exstent.

Lashiec:
Weird, both are French publishers :huh:

Not to mention Beyond Good & Evil is practically being given away here.

wreckedcarzz:
Just the fact that it is something else to be installed, rather than the individual game. Personal opinion is what it comes down to, but I would much rather have the "full game" than rely on something else to hold it. What if Steam had some type of error, and I couldn't play anything? Madness ensues...

It's like lots of little boxes vs one big box. Big box falls over, everything breaks. Little box falls over, the rest are fine.

Just my opinion on how I do things. :two:

wraith808:
There's lots of games that are only available for download on the internet and aren't present in physical stores - how's this any different from STEAM? Remember, you can "go offline" in STEAM, and play the games without being connected to the internet.
-f0dder (September 06, 2008, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

This isn't a dig on steam... I have it installed and love it.  Especially better than D2D since you have one client to manage everything rather than having to download each game individually and not have anything to manage them.  But I did want to chime in on this caveat- I *hate* that you have to go offline when you're online to be able to use offline mode. 

So if I come home, and my internet connection is down, and I haven't "gone offline", I can't play any of my games that I purchased through steam.  And that really sucks.  Impulse (stardock's system) isn't like this... but then again, many impulse games don't have DRM anyway...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version