ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What do you use to bookmark and annotate your .chm files?

<< < (5/5)

tslim:
What if SQLNotes could automatically decompile CHM files and create an ouline of items with the CHM content... You'd get viewing, annotation, bookmarking and search.
-PPLandry (September 03, 2008, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

... and more!

Wow.

It would be a very interesting thing to try... And it might be yet another compelling feature... not only for me. Superboyac seemed interested too...??
-Armando (September 03, 2008, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

IMO, Importing material like CHM or emails into a note taker's database is too good a feature to be true.
The problem is not only decompile/extract, the bigger challenge is how to reconstruct/outline the material in the note taker program itself. For example, if a note taker program can decompile a CHM then recompile/reconstruct it exactly or very close to the original layout, that feature alone could be sold as an application.

Anyway, besides Evernote, I am also using a Chinese made note taker program CyberArticle, it supports import of CHM and emails from Outlook. But I don't use those features, you may want to try it to see how well those feature actually work.

PPLandry:
CHM Editor is free today on GAOTD. The editor seems OK, but lacks table editing tools (you can edit the HTML source). I have not tried it much though. It does decompile on "file open" and recompile on "file save", which can be a long process. I also got an access violations in the 5 min. I used it

[edit]I can't seem to be able to add content. Just edit existing content[/edit]

cranioscopical:
Thanks for the heads up and the report, Pierre.

Both useful pieces of information  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version