ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What do you use to bookmark and annotate your .chm files?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Armando:
tslim, here's what it says on the CHM To WORD page :

*  Create Microsoft Word Document From CHM Files Windows CHM  to HTML's greatest strength. As you know, Windows CHM To WORD is designed to convert .chm file to word

* Recompile Help projects: an added benefit for developers and serious users. Windows CHM To WORD provides not just the ability to generate more flexible HTML document storage, but also allows you to generate a completely recompile Help project, complete with all text, formatting, jumps, graphics, keywords, secondary windows and more, exactly as the original author intended them to appear.

*  Convert CHM To HTML: In act, Windows CHM To WORD is Windows CHM To HTML's upgrade version. It means you will get both Windows CHM To HTML & Windows CHM To  WORD after purchase Windows CHM To WORD only.

That means that you could transfert all your CHM files to a big word document, Convert them to OpenOffice format (example) and then from there to pdf.

Of course chm to word is a bit expensive, depending on how much you'll use it in the futre... $38

tslim:
tslim, here's what it says on the CHM To WORD page :

*  Create Microsoft Word Document From CHM Files Windows CHM  to HTML's greatest strength. As you know, Windows CHM To WORD is designed to convert .chm file to word

* Recompile Help projects: an added benefit for developers and serious users. Windows CHM To WORD provides not just the ability to generate more flexible HTML document storage, but also allows you to generate a completely recompile Help project, complete with all text, formatting, jumps, graphics, keywords, secondary windows and more, exactly as the original author intended them to appear.

*  Convert CHM To HTML: In act, Windows CHM To WORD is Windows CHM To HTML's upgrade version. It means you will get both Windows CHM To HTML & Windows CHM To  WORD after purchase Windows CHM To WORD only.

That means that you could transfert all your CHM files to a big word document, Convert them to OpenOffice format (example) and then from there to pdf.

Of course chm to word is a bit expensive, depending on how much you'll use it in the futre... $38
-Armando (September 02, 2008, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

???
Please, I am talking about combining several CHM and PDF books into 1 big CHM... not PDF.

Armando:
Sorry I got mixed up as I was hurrying up. What I had in mind at first (before getting mixed up) was :

CHM and PDF documents --> WORD (RTF) --> CHM

http://ypgsoft.com/word2chm/index.htm
But this one is even more expensive.

PPLandry:
@ armando

What if SQLNotes could automatically decompile CHM files and create an ouline of items with the CHM content... You'd get viewing, annotation, bookmarking and search. Would that be a good ( or perfect ) solution for you?

Eventually, the reversed process could be performed (i.e. compiling)

Armando:
What if SQLNotes could automatically decompile CHM files and create an ouline of items with the CHM content... You'd get viewing, annotation, bookmarking and search.
-PPLandry (September 03, 2008, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

... and more!

Wow.

It would be a very interesting thing to try... And it might be yet another compelling feature... not only for me. Superboyac seemed interested too...??

PS : I'd be tempted to put everything in there : pdfs, docs, etc. At the same time, I'm afraid that my DB would become too big... Harder to do quick backups when a DB is huge -- unless you use Delta backup technology, which I don't. So right now "my organizational system" keeps SQLNotes and big documents separate. That's also because I use farr to quickly launch stuff -- programs, of course, but also documents, ebooks, etc. And I'm facing some dilemmas, because searching has become a tad more complex -- I have to make sure I search my sqlnotes database everytime I'm looking for something, because farr won't search into it, of course, and X1 neither. Archivarius will, partly, but I don't use it as often... Anyway.  :))

PPS : ...Even if cool, not an "essential" feature... there are other things I'd like to see in SQLNotes first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version