ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone uses MediaMonkey? I need your advices.

(1/4) > >>

tslim:
Hi,

I need a wav and mp3 files management software
1) Unicode aware
2) Powerful mp3 tag info edit
3) Rip Audio CD and convert to MP3 format.
4) Normalize volumn levels of a group of MP3 files and burn a MP3 CD/DVD so that I can play in DVD player at home or in my car (which support MP3)

I have difficulty navigating (very slow) the mediamonkey website and I can't register as member for their forum.
Any mediamonkey user? Is this software good?

Or do you have a software better than MediaMonkey to recommand?

mnemonic:
I've been a MM user (lifetime license) for a number of years now and can vouch for it's ability to do 2, 3 and 4 (not sure about 1).  The mp3 tagging support is superb and the mp3 conversion uses the LAME encoder, so is excellent quality.

Would I buy it now?  Not sure - there are many more efficient players around for free (e.g. foobar, xmplayer etc.).  Tagging can be done via Picard http://musicbrainz.org/ - although the track properties in MM gives you a huge amount of control over the tracks (e.g. tempo, mood etc.) - and there are a thousand-and-one CD rippers, converters and burners.

The MM skins really put me off at first, but the non-skinned version looks better.

So, it's good, but you'll really need to demo it before buying to decide if it's $40 better than the free stuff.

tslim:
I've been a MM user (lifetime license) for a number of years now and can vouch for it's ability to do 2, 3 and 4 (not sure about 1).  The mp3 tagging support is superb and the mp3 conversion uses the LAME encoder, so is excellent quality.

Would I buy it now?  Not sure - there are many more efficient players around for free (e.g. foobar, xmplayer etc.).  Tagging can be done via Picard http://musicbrainz.org/ - although the track properties in MM gives you a huge amount of control over the tracks (e.g. tempo, mood etc.) - and there are a thousand-and-one CD rippers, converters and burners.

The MM skins really put me off at first, but the non-skinned version looks better.

So, it's good, but you'll really need to demo it before buying to decide if it's $40 better than the free stuff.
-mnemonic (August 28, 2008, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just bought my lifetime license at USD29.96 with this coupon: MM2-UPG-DISC25, that save me 25% off the price. In this particular case, I prefer the utility that manage the audio files to be the one who rip and burn as well... so I ma satisfy!

Darwin:
Heh, heh, thanks for posting the discount code, tslim (I think  :o)  :Thmbsup:

tslim:
I wonder how everyone buy software license?
In my case:
Step1: check whether there is a discount code from, well this site: www.donationcoder.com
Step2: otherwise check shareware plaza: www.sharewareplaza.com (many software there got discount)
Step3: otherwise search google with xxx+coupon+discount+special offer
Otherwise: just buy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version