ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

launcher tool

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
one of the tools i've been wanting to write for a while is a launch bar.

ie like quicklaunch bar, or True Launch Bar, or Advanced Launcher.

i'm not much on fancy mac osx dock bar looking things, so it would be kinda plain looking..

anyone here use a launch bar and find themselves wishing it had some features it doesnt?

tenseiken:
I can't help with this one.  GeoShell's bars are everything I can even imagine myself using, and then some.  Though, I imagine that this would be useful for someone who doesn't use GeoShell.

nudone:
it's a tough one - can't really think of what hasn't already been done elsewhere several times over.

i've tried a few of these quick launcher and replacement menu type things but have found you can customise the xp task bar enough to do most of what these extra utils do.

one thing springs to mind that i don't think i've seen functional elsewhere; the ability to drag and drop a file onto one of the program shortcuts contained in the quick launcher bar, thereby opening the program up with the file open and ready for action inside it - just as you can do with your normal icons scattered around your system. stick a recycle bin button on it and this could work like a floating bin - drag the file(s) onto it to delete and 'scrunch', gone.

another nice feature might be something that would provide buttons for common tasks. say, a button to create a new folder on the desktop (i know right click and all that - sorry, it's too much for me).

mouser:
well good drag and drop support is one of the things i want to do.
drag new app onto empty space on bar, it adds it.
drag doc onto button, it launches with button.

i think true launch bar can do this, and even the quick launch bar that comes with windows can do this i think.

the main feature i rely on is easy ability to design a nested hierarchy of buttons with submenus; thats the main thing lacking in quick launch bar.

JeffK:
FWIW for years I have been using Quickrun. 

www.partridgesoft.com

Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version