ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If somebody offers you swapping your PC for a mac cold turkey: would you do it?

<< < (8/9) > >>

cranioscopical:

Given the season, if somebody offered to swap my mac for a cold turkey I'd certainly consider that!

Here's whyA raincoat's not terribly useful at -25C.

40hz:
Given the season, if somebody offered to swap my mac for a cold turkey I'd certainly consider that!

-cranioscopical (December 19, 2008, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

OMG!

You outdid yourself with that one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dangerman 666:
I guess it's a very personal thing and it looks like most here are against it.

If it were me I might do it. I recently put my old Windows laptop out to pasture and bought an IMac. I've used widows all my life and enjoy the change. It's been pretty painless and I have no significant regrets. For my situation it is great and I'm actually a bit emarrassed how how much I'm enjoying the change.

Having said that I hope I never become a fanboy. There have been some valid points made here. If it was for work and it was going to seriously impact my productivity, I might hesitate. But if someone else was bearing all the costs...I'd still be quite tempted.

daddydave:
Given the choice of XP on Linux or XP on Mac, I would choose to run 64 bit Windows 7 natively. The more I use Windows 7, the more I despise XP anyway. If you are running this on a work machine, work machines in my world are notoriously slow anyway, why slow it down further?

wraith808:
I'd do it, as long as the hard drive is quite large, and the hardware is better than my PC.

Then I'd make the mac partition as small as possible, install bootcamp, then install Windows, and make the OSX into OSX'd.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version