ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7 Discussion

<< < (14/21) > >>

VideoInPicture:
Amazing application, thank you! Great work!

I've made a translation into Russian, hope it will be useful for you.
It's a pity, that not every string is currently localizable, so some things can't be translated (grid headers in icon association setups, or credits in About window, for example), but what was possible is done.

And a little suggestion, if you don't mind :)
It would be much easier to localize this, if you will make labels and checkboxes stretchable. Screen position section, for example, takes a lot of space, but can't contain more than about 40 characters.

-_kuzma_ (September 01, 2008, 06:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the translation. I'll post up an updated version of Circle Dock with it.

Some items in the Settings Panel are not fully implemented so they are not using the language files yet. I'm working on finishing them for Alpha 8 along with other options. As for the Credits panel, I thought it would be a pain to translate all the text in the credits list so I just left it as English no matter what language file.

As for making the labels and checkboxes stretchable, I'll see if I can do that. Maybe I have to put everything inside an expanding table. I'm not sure how that would work right now but I'll check it out for Alpha 8.

Rostam:
I've got a problem: when I set the keyboard hotkey to none, 0 becomes a hotkey and is rendered useless for general typing (I can use the 0 button in the numpad, but not the number row).

VideoInPicture:
I've got a problem: when I set the keyboard hotkey to none, 0 becomes a hotkey and is rendered useless for general typing (I can use the 0 button in the numpad, but not the number row).
-Rostam (September 01, 2008, 07:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, you are right. I'll fix it or swap it out with another hotkey component. I'll get an update as soon as possible. For now, just check all the Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and Win boxes if you want "None". This will sort of simulate a "None" condition since I don't think you would be pressing down all those keys at once.

himynameisbunny:
Just discovered CircleDock through LifeHacker, I'm liking it so far but so far I think a few abilities that shouldn't be too hard to implement...

The main one is it's missing the ability to map the menu to a HELD key, i.e. instead of clicking the center mouse key to open up the menu, the user must hold the key for x amount of seconds for the menu to appear. This way users can still open up links in new tabs in IE7/Firefox/Opera without the menu appearing!  ;)

Also, something that would complement this would be the menu automatically disappearing when the button is released, with whatever application that was under the cursor being opened. For example, if the button was to be released when the cursor was over the icon for My Documents, My Documents would be opened.

If you want a perfect example of what I'm talking about, take a look at the Nintendo 64 version of Perfect Dark. The quick weapon select screen with the N64's A button is what I'm talking about, just with CircleDock and the mouse key  ;)

Not sure how hard the second one would be to implement, but I'd imagine the first request would be relatively easy.

Plus sorry about all the highlighting, wanted to make it easier to read haha  :D

Rostam:

Wow, you are right. I'll fix it or swap it out with another hotkey component. I'll get an update as soon as possible. For now, just check all the Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and Win boxes if you want "None". This will sort of simulate a "None" condition since I don't think you would be pressing down all those keys at once.
-VideoInPicture (September 01, 2008, 07:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I had just set it to F24 (F13-24 don't exist on my keyboard).

Also, I was wondering if it were possible to expand the mouse-toggling options for mice with additional buttons. I have more buttons than I need outside of video games (7), so that would be nice to free up the middle mouse button for scrolling and tab-opening. There are a couple external workarounds, but if CD could natively support it that would be nice.

One other random idea (building off of the last post + from playing Crysis)...Perhaps in the future you could add the ability for two menues: one when you click the middle mouse button (or equivalently tap the hotkey), a second that pops up when you hold it down for a full second or so (perhaps make that time-length configurable). Maybe model the second menu after the one in Crysis, where it goes away when you stop holding it, except it'll fade back to the first menu or something. This might be a bit complex, but I think there might be some value in it as an add-on long in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version