ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7 Discussion

<< < (7/21) > >>

Dormouse:
Right now, I'm making it so that Circle Dock can extract all the default high resolution icons in Vista so that you don't have to replace all the icon images.-VideoInPicture (August 26, 2008, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Of course, I have my Vista Start Menu running on Windows XP  :)

blahetal:
does CDs homepage - http://circledock.wikidot.com/ - have RSS or something (SVN browser?), so we know that a new version was released without checking the site every day? :) You released Alpha version, could incoming versions have changelog, so we know what was improved, fixed, etc. thanks :)

VideoInPicture:
does CDs homepage - http://circledock.wikidot.com/ - have RSS or something (SVN browser?), so we know that a new version was released without checking the site every day? :) You released Alpha version, could incoming versions have changelog, so we know what was improved, fixed, etc. thanks :)
-blahetal (August 27, 2008, 04:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Circle Dock homepage doesn't have RSS or any live updater service. I'm not sure if Wikidot supports that. I'll post back if I find anything.

As for the change log, I'll create a new webpage on the Circle Dock website for the change log and will update it with each build.

bmsilva:
I've tried out this great software on Windows XP SP3, and there were no icons in the dock, is it normal?

When I have a folder on the dock and click on it, it replaces the "main dock screen", leaving my mouse in one edge of the dock. It would be nice to have the option to center the dock on the clicked folder, this way you'll be at the same distance from all the folder's shortcuts (maintaining the pie-menu philosophy).

Thanks

VideoInPicture:
I've tried out this great software on Windows XP SP3, and there were no icons in the dock, is it normal?

When I have a folder on the dock and click on it, it replaces the "main dock screen", leaving my mouse in one edge of the dock. It would be nice to have the option to center the dock on the clicked folder, this way you'll be at the same distance from all the folder's shortcuts (maintaining the pie-menu philosophy).

Thanks
-bmsilva (August 28, 2008, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

When you first load Circle Dock, there will be no icons on it because you have to drag and drop the files/folders on your computer onto it so that the links are created. See my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ko36ebOg9U for a demonstration and for how to change the images shown.

For the second part of your message, you have created a dock folder and I think that it's a good option to have for the dock to recenter itself around your mouse when you click on the dock folder. I'll try and implement this for Alpha 8, which should come out in a week or two.

I will be uploading a new Alpha 7.4 release tonight but you as a Windows XP user (it's mainly for Vista users), you won't see much difference. However, Circle Dock will now display thumbnail previews that maintain their aspect ratio for picture files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version