ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7 Discussion

<< < (6/21) > >>

Boba-Fett:
Now I running Circle Dock at whole night and doesn't do anything, CPU usage just is 0%. This issue is sometime on my PC.

blahetal:
Hi, can CD be used for browsing the file system? The current version supports directories that can contain only shortcuts or other directories, right? But is it possible to have a CD directory that points somewhere to file system and when you click on it, to expand it, it will display all files and directories that are inside that directory. And again, when you click on some directory, CD will show its content. And when you click on some file, CD will open it. So my question is, can CD be used as a fast file browser :) and if not, could you add this feature :)

just something like Stack docklet (http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=46859), if you know it

VideoInPicture:
Shadow problem does not bother me since I normally have them turned off anyway.

Why not allow the centre button to be allocated to any keyboard key or combo? It wouldn't give the position by the dock but would increase flexibility. In my case, it would allow the Start Menu to come up even if I have it as the Vista Start Menu - and it covers teh whole screen anyway, so position is not an issue.
-Dormouse (August 26, 2008, 03:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think that's a good idea. But maybe not execute a keyboard key combination but execute a regular file/folder like the other dock items. You can always create a little script file with your keyboard command and get the centre button to run that script. I'll add this in as an option for the Settings Panel under the Centre Button tab once I get a few other issues worked out.

Right now, I'm making it so that Circle Dock can extract all the default high resolution icons in Vista so that you don't have to replace all the icon images.

VideoInPicture:
Yesterday I open the circle dock and just ran few hours, I doesn't do anything at circle dock but the dock automatically ran the CPU at 50%

Here is the Circle Dock running CPU 50% om my PC.
Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 7 Discussion
-Boba-Fett (August 26, 2008, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try downloading the latest version of the .Net Framework from Microsoft. It never hurts to have the latest version and may help the problem: http://www.microsoft.com/net/Download.aspx

Also, that's a cool looking screenshot. If you skin the taskbar, you can probably fool people into thinking you actually have Windows 7.  :D :D :D

VideoInPicture:
Hi, can CD be used for browsing the file system? The current version supports directories that can contain only shortcuts or other directories, right? But is it possible to have a CD directory that points somewhere to file system and when you click on it, to expand it, it will display all files and directories that are inside that directory. And again, when you click on some directory, CD will show its content. And when you click on some file, CD will open it. So my question is, can CD be used as a fast file browser :) and if not, could you add this feature :)

just something like Stack docklet (http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=46859), if you know it
-blahetal (August 26, 2008, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this is possible and desirable. However, I'll implement it after I get Circle Dock 0.9.2 Final. The way I'm seeing it is that clicking on a folder link in Circle Dock will load all the files in the folder into Circle Dock. Clicking on the centre button moves you back out of the folder. I'll be doing some optimization and implementing caching for some of the dock item structures so that this file browsing can be fast. This is primarily why I'm implementing it after 0.9.2 Final.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version