ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Graphics corruption -- Why?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Armando:
Thanks innuendo -- and yes... I forgot to mention it was a laptop before in this thread so there was no way you'd know.

So far so good. Still crossing my fingers... The Omega drivers seem to do a good job.

Armando:
So... Report : Still experiencing graphics corruption + seemingly related VSS malfunctioning.
Will I have to change laptop or reinstall everything from scratch to finally be relieved ?!?
 >:(

Innuendo:
So... Report : Still experiencing graphics corruption + seemingly related VSS malfunctioning.
Will I have to change laptop or reinstall everything from scratch to finally be relieved ?!?
 >:(-Armando (October 26, 2009, 12:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sometimes graphics corruption happens due to a badly behaving program. Is there a program that's always open when the corruption happens?

Rarely it happens due to a driver for something non-graphics related on your system. Make sure all your drivers are up to date by visiting manufacturer web sites.

Armando:
Thanks Innuendo.
I don't know if I'll have the patience to do the kind of inquiry this sort of problem require...
 :(
I believe it's probably a driver anyway.
The reason why I think it's a driver is that for a couple months, about a year ago, I tried using an older laptop on  which I just cloned my windows partition. I then had various problems, but not the graphic corruption problem -- so : same software, different drivers.
All my drivers are up to date... According to Dell.
Will see if I can find some more spare time this week to try a few alternatives (maybe even older drivers). It's going to be a looonnng process...

lanux128:
Armando, sorry if i had missed it but what are the specs of the laptop, brand of the video card and its driver version?

Kelly's Korner has a long list issues pertaining to standby mode. one of it might interest you - Resuming from Standby After Warm Undock Corrupts Video.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version