ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Desktops V1.0 - a virtual desktop manager from Sysinternals

<< < (4/5) > >>

MerleOne:
GiveAwayOfTheDays offers today AltDesk...
www.giveawayoftheday.com

justice:
I'm using Vista/XP Virtual Desktop Manager now. workds nice

One of Vista's most talked-about new features is the Desktop Window Manager (DWM). A new set of thumbnail API's can be used to access thumbnails of open windows. This virtual desktop program takes advantage of this new API and uses some tricks of its own to provide a powerful virtual desktop manager with a full screen thumbnail based preview. You can have as many desktops as you want and can seamlessly switch between them.

But wait! What if you still are using XP? Don't worry, Vista/XP Virtual Desktops provides support for XP as well, although window previews are not live since XP doesn't have DWM.
--- End quote ---

jgpaiva:
Justice: that is one of the best virtual desktop managers I've seen!
It is definitelly worth one topic of its own :D

Lashiec:
I suppose it was improved in the 0.9 versions, when I tried it months ago during my search for the perfect Exposé + Spaces clone (result: there's no acceptable clone), the description sounded fantastic, but I never witnessed a program failing to live up such claims so spectacularly. And it leaked memory like hell.

BTW, Dexpot was updated a couple of days ago. Better Vista support, and now runs in x64 Windows.

Armando:
I'm using Vista/XP Virtual Desktop Manager now. workds nice
-justice (September 02, 2008, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

hmmmm... It doesn't work very well on my 2 years old laptop. Slow. Too bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version